Ye Li | 23 May 05:15 2010
Picon

Recent telepathy-butterfly upgrade breaks MSN connection?

Hi guys,

Anyone met problems after the recent upgrade of telepathy-butterfly? In my
box most of buddies are marked *offline* although they are actually online.
Even oddly, downgrade telepathy-butterfly to 0.5.9-1 cannot solve the
problem. So I'm wondering if this is a problem caused by the new butterfly
package? Or something wrong else(e.g. MSN server problem).

Thanks sincerely.

Best Regards
--
Ye LI

Nilesh Govindarajan | 23 May 05:24 2010

Re: Recent telepathy-butterfly upgrade breaks MSN connection?

On 05/23/2010 08:45 AM, Ye Li wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone met problems after the recent upgrade of telepathy-butterfly? In my
> box most of buddies are marked *offline* although they are actually online.
> Even oddly, downgrade telepathy-butterfly to 0.5.9-1 cannot solve the
> problem. So I'm wondering if this is a problem caused by the new butterfly
> package? Or something wrong else(e.g. MSN server problem).
>
> Thanks sincerely.
>
> Best Regards
> --
> Ye LI

Surely not a problem with MSN server because I've been using pidgin for
ages without any hitch in any of the protocols - Jabber, Google, Yahoo
(it had been once after change of Yahoo's specs but pidgin upgrade
solved it), MSN, IRC

Nilesh Govindarajan (निलेश गोविंदराजन)
Twitter: nileshgr
Facebook: nilesh.gr
Website: www.itech7.com

Nathan Wayde | 23 May 07:36 2010

On 23/05/10 04:15, Ye Li wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone met problems after the recent upgrade of telepathy-butterfly? In my
> box most of buddies are marked *offline* although they are actually online.
> Even oddly, downgrade telepathy-butterfly to 0.5.9-1 cannot solve the
> problem. So I'm wondering if this is a problem caused by the new butterfly
> package? Or something wrong else(e.g. MSN server problem).
>
> Thanks sincerely.
>
> Best Regards
> --
> Ye LI

if you downgrade you need to kill the daemons? otherwise you'd prolly
still be using the old version. just look for telepathy- in the running
processes, either kill it or a log-out/in should get rid of them.

Ye Li | 23 May 09:22 2010
Picon

Re: Recent telepathy-butterfly upgrade breaks MSN connection?

Well, thanks guys.

I have solved this by also downgrading papyon to previous 0.4.6-1, and now
MSN via telepathy-butterfly works again. Hope this issue will be solved
upstream soon.

Greetings
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Nathan Wayde <kumyco <at> konnichi.com> wrote:

> On 23/05/10 04:15, Ye Li wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Anyone met problems after the recent upgrade of telepathy-butterfly? In my
>> box most of buddies are marked *offline* although they are actually
>> online.
>> Even oddly, downgrade telepathy-butterfly to 0.5.9-1 cannot solve the
>> problem. So I'm wondering if this is a problem caused by the new butterfly
>> package? Or something wrong else(e.g. MSN server problem).
>>
>> Thanks sincerely.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> --
>> Ye LI
>>
>>  if you downgrade you need to kill the daemons? otherwise you'd prolly
> still be using the old version. just look for telepathy- in the running
> processes, either kill it or a log-out/in should get rid of them.

(Continue reading)

Ionut Biru | 23 May 11:30 2010
Picon

On 05/23/2010 10:22 AM, Ye Li wrote:
> Well, thanks guys.
>
> I have solved this by also downgrading papyon to previous 0.4.6-1, and now
> MSN via telepathy-butterfly works again. Hope this issue will be solved
> upstream soon.

not if you don't report it upstream.

Ionut

Gmane