G. Schlisio | 23 Jan 21:32 2012

Some help with systemd needed

Hello folks,
i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of
the sound output.
systemctl shows no alsa or pulseaudio running and in the wiki entry i
cant find any hint but 'systemctl enable alsa-*', but both options (by
tabbing: alsa-restore, alsa-store) return
Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.
anybody got a hint?
help appreciated
georg

Tom Gundersen | 23 Jan 22:26 2012
Picon

Re: Some help with systemd needed

Hi Georg,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio <at> gmx.de> wrote:
> i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of the
> sound output.

You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
permissions on the sound devices).

> systemctl shows no alsa or pulseaudio running and in the wiki entry i cant
> find any hint but 'systemctl enable alsa-*', but both options (by tabbing:
> alsa-restore, alsa-store) return
> Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.
> anybody got a hint?

The alsa-(re)store units are enabled statically, and cannot be enabled/disabled.

HTH,

Tom

G. Schlisio | 23 Jan 22:31 2012

Am 23.01.2012 22:26, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> Hi Georg,
>
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM, G. Schlisio<g.schlisio <at> gmx.de>  wrote:
>> i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of the
>> sound output.
> You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
> working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
> created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
> permissions on the sound devices).
# systemd-loginctl
    SESSION        UID USER             SEAT

0 sessions listed.

seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
fix/change/adjust that?
>> systemctl shows no alsa or pulseaudio running and in the wiki entry i cant
>> find any hint but 'systemctl enable alsa-*', but both options (by tabbing:
>> alsa-restore, alsa-store) return
>> Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.
>> anybody got a hint?
> The alsa-(re)store units are enabled statically, and cannot be enabled/disabled.
>
> HTH,
>
> Tom

C Anthony Risinger | 24 Jan 03:13 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio <at> gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 23.01.2012 22:26, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM, G. Schlisio<g.schlisio <at> gmx.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of
>>> the
>>> sound output.
>>
>> You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
>> working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
>> created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
>> permissions on the sound devices).
>
> # systemd-loginctl
>   SESSION        UID USER             SEAT
>
> 0 sessions listed.
>
> seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
> fix/change/adjust that?

i'm not 100% this is what's needed, but do you have this:

# grep -nR systemd /etc/pam.d/
/etc/pam.d/gdm-autologin:15:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-fingerprint:15:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-smartcard:15:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-welcome:11:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-password:16:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/sshd:12:-session	optional	pam_systemd.so
(Continue reading)

Tom Gundersen | 24 Jan 10:46 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony <at> xtfx.me> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio <at> gmx.de> wrote:

>>> You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
>>> working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
>>> created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
>>> permissions on the sound devices).
>>
>> # systemd-loginctl
>>   SESSION        UID USER             SEAT
>>
>> 0 sessions listed.
>>
>> seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
>> fix/change/adjust that?
>
> i'm not 100% this is what's needed, but do you have this:
>
> # grep -nR systemd /etc/pam.d/
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-autologin:15:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-fingerprint:15:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-smartcard:15:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-welcome:11:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-password:16:-session        optional        pam_systemd.so
(Continue reading)

G. Schlisio | 24 Jan 17:01 2012

Re: Some help with systemd needed

ok, thanks. (yes, i'm using kde)
i tried to use the renamed files from the gdm package (just in case…),
but that doesnt work either. is there way to get those files, e.g.
writing on my on, downloading from upstream, or is there no way into
that atm? if so, i'll switch back to sysvinit until next kdm-release
(whenever that will be).
thanks a lot.

Am 24.01.2012 10:46, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM, C Anthony Risinger<anthony <at> xtfx.me>  wrote:
>>> # systemd-loginctl
>>>    SESSION        UID USER             SEAT
>>>
>>> 0 sessions listed.
>>>
>>> seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
>>> fix/change/adjust that?
>> i'm not 100% this is what's needed, but do you have this:
>>
>> # grep -nR systemd /etc/pam.d/
(Continue reading)

G. Schlisio | 24 Jan 16:08 2012