Simon Perry | 31 Oct 10:29 2013
Picon

fsck.f2fs and systemd

Hey all,

I've been experimenting with f2fs, and see that the latest version of
f2fs-tools now includes an actual fsck tool (not an exit 0 bash
script).

See below for the output I get from systemd when it tries to run
fsck.f2fs on the root filesystem.

Anyway, my questions are:

- Is there any way to override how systemd does its fsck? I've tried
  poking around and overriding systemd-fsck-root.service and
  systemd-fsck <at> .service to no avail. Any advice on this?

- Should systemd always expect an fsck tool to accept that the "-a"
  arg works, therefore an issue for f2fs-tools upstream, or should
  systemd be aware of this (therefore an upstream issue for systemd).

Any hints / advice appreciated.

Cheers.

systemd-fsck[198]: fsck.f2fs: invalid option -- 'a'
systemd-fsck[198]: Error: Unknown option ?
systemd-fsck[198]: Usage: fsck.f2fs [options] device
systemd-fsck[198]: [options]:
systemd-fsck[198]: -d debug level [default:0]

Temlin Olivér | 31 Oct 19:18 2013
Picon

fsck.f2fs and systemd

On Oct 31, 2013 10:29 AM, "Simon Perry" <arch <at> sanxion.net> wrote:
> - Is there any way to override how systemd does its fsck? I've tried
>   poking around and overriding systemd-fsck-root.service and
>   systemd-fsck <at> .service to no avail. Any advice on this?
Fsck'ing can be disabled in the fstab file, and you can try to write a
custom systemd module to do it.

> - Should systemd always expect an fsck tool to accept that the "-a"
>   arg works, therefore an issue for f2fs-tools upstream, or should
>   systemd be aware of this (therefore an upstream issue for systemd).
It is a standard that init and systemd pass an -a to the fsck denoting that
there could be no user interaction. This is why btrfs-tools ships only
"btrfsck" which is not recognized as an fsck.fstype command by the
initscripts. So at least ask the packagers to move the command to f2fsck as
to not confuse init (or systemd in Arch).

--Temlin Olivér

Gmane