deker | 4 Nov 05:26 2008

Multiple simultaneous audio streams?

Hi,

 I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick test
today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices didn't
work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
able to then play to the second device.

So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making it work?

Thanks,

-d

Marcel Holtmann | 4 Nov 06:12 2008

Re: Multiple simultaneous audio streams?

Hi,

> I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick
> test
> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices
> didn't
> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
> able to then play to the second device.
>
> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making
> it work?

do you wanna do speech quality or CD quality audio streaming?

And yes, BlueZ does support it, but there are limitations from the
Bluetooth radio. So you really need to know what you wanna do.

Regards

Marcel

deker | 4 Nov 14:13 2008

Re: Multiple simultaneous audio streams?

Speech quality is all we need. If I can get 2 8Khz output streams going
to 2 devices and 1 8Khz input stream from one device I'll be happy.

If somebody can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-d

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
>> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick
>> test
>> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices
>> didn't
>> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
>> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
>> able to then play to the second device.
>>
>> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
>> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making
>> it work?
>>

> do you wanna do speech quality or CD quality audio streaming?

(Continue reading)

Johan Hedberg | 4 Nov 14:24 2008
Picon

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008, deker wrote:
>  I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick test
> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices didn't
> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
> able to then play to the second device.
>
> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making it work?

If you're using BlueZ 4.17 or later you'll need to add something like
MaxConnections=2
to the [Headset] section in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf to be able to
create a service level connection to more than 1 device.

Johan

deker | 4 Nov 17:13 2008

Re: Multiple simultaneous audio streams?

I've changed the MaxConnections setting and now I'm seeing something
different (this must mean I'm getting closer :)

I'm using the following config/comandline to play audio:

audio.conf:
[General]
SCORouting=PCM
[Headset]
HFP=False
MaxConnections=2

~/.asoundrc:

pcm.bluetooth {
    type bluetooth
    device 00:0B:2E:D5:27:DA
    profile auto
}
pcm.bluetooth2 {
    type bluetooth
    device 00:0B:2E:D4:EC:31
    profile auto
}

mplayer command lines:

 mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth test.wav
 mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth2 test.wav
(Continue reading)

deker | 4 Nov 21:38 2008

Re: Multiple simultaneous audio streams?

Oops. I forgot to mention that this is with BlueZ 4.13.

-d

deker wrote:
> I've changed the MaxConnections setting and now I'm seeing something
> different (this must mean I'm getting closer :)
>
> I'm using the following config/comandline to play audio:
>
> audio.conf:
> [General]
> SCORouting=PCM
> [Headset]
> HFP=False
> MaxConnections=2
>
> ~/.asoundrc:
>
> pcm.bluetooth {
>     type bluetooth
>     device 00:0B:2E:D5:27:DA
>     profile auto
> }
> pcm.bluetooth2 {
>     type bluetooth
>     device 00:0B:2E:D4:EC:31
>     profile auto
> }
(Continue reading)

Ramesh Jayapal | 7 Nov 18:36 2008
Picon

Need Help. Plz reply.

Hi All,

        Sorry for interrupting in this mail list.

        But i am really tired on searching the answer for my questions.

        I am trying to develop new applications in Bluetooth (in Bluez).

        i couldn't find any materials how to start it. (i didn't mean how to write the program ans new concepts)

        i need the initial configuration to been done before writing the application.

        1. Need to know which are the packages need to install.
        2. how to access the inbuild api's. (need to clarify i can use the installed stack api's (run time libraries) or to include the source code api's and compile the source while compiling my application code)..
        3. is there any Environment variables need to be set.
        4. How to compile is there any runtime libraries need to be included?

    If i get any documents / source code (say for SDP only) and how to compile and test is is very useful for me.

awaiting for the response.

Thanks in advance,
merameshj

Get your new Email address!