Zhu Yanhai | 9 Apr 10:35 2010
Picon

Is hsp code in BlueZ and pulseaudio broken?

Hi list,
I can't make hsp profile work with the latest bluez and pulseaudio,
does anyone here know
whether the hsp code in bluez and pulseaudio still can work?

I used a DELL BH200 headset, which has both A2DP, Headset and
Headsfree profile support.
The code of BlueZ and Pulseaudio are both directly cloned from their git repos.

BlueZ configure:
 $ ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-debug --prefix=/usr
--mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--libexecdir=/lib --enable-netlink --disable-capng --enable-tracer
--enable-tools --enable-bccmd --enable-dfutool --enable-hid2hci
--enable-hidd --enable-pand --enable-dund --enable-test --enable-cups
--disable-pcmcia --disable-udevrules --with-telephony=ofono
--disable-configfiles

To make the testing steps clear, I unloaded module-bluetooth-discover
before connecting the
headset.

After starting bluez with the option -n and -d, I called to
org.bluez.Headset/Connect() using d-feet.
BlueZ printed:

bluetoothd[10791]: State changed
/org/bluez/10791/hci0/dev_00_16_44_FD_84_CB:
HEADSET_STATE_DISCONNECTED -> HEADSET_STATE_CONNECTING
bluetoothd[10791]: link_key_request (sba=00:26:5E:A5:A8:65,
(Continue reading)

Colin Guthrie | 9 Apr 11:03 2010
Picon

Re: Is hsp code in BlueZ and pulseaudio broken?

'Twas brillig, and Zhu Yanhai at 09/04/10 09:35 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi list,
> I can't make hsp profile work with the latest bluez and pulseaudio,
> does anyone here know
> whether the hsp code in bluez and pulseaudio still can work?

snip

> Is it because there is anything broken in the latest BlueZ +
> Pulseaudio, or am I doing something wrong?

Don't know about your specific case but by "latest" PA do you mean
0.9.21 tarball or the stable-queue branch from git?

The stable-queue basically includes all the patches we generally
recommend on top of the latest stable release.

There are several bluetooth related fixes there so make sure these are
applied.

Col

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie
http://colin.guthr.ie/

Day Job:

Luiz Augusto von Dentz | 9 Apr 14:32 2010
Picon

Re: Is hsp code in BlueZ and pulseaudio broken?

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Zhu Yanhai <zhu.yanhai@...> wrote:
> 'hcitool con' reported there was no connections after that, and the
> headset was power off automatically. And of course I can't see this
> headset by
> 'ilst-cards' or 'list-sinks' in pacmd.
>
> Is it because there is anything broken in the latest BlueZ +
> Pulseaudio, or am I doing something wrong?

It seems ok in bluetoothd size, maybe it is the suspend logic that
disconnect sco after a few seconds when idle, but it doesn't seems to
be the case here as also rfcomm connection is dropped somehow.

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer
Zhu Yanhai | 13 Apr 09:52 2010
Picon

Re: Is hsp code in BlueZ and pulseaudio broken?

Hi,
I think this bug is caused by the buggy implement of eSCO on the Dell
BH200 headset. After echo 'Y' > /sys/module/sco/parameters/disable_esco,
everything is OK then.

Thanks,
Zhu Yanhai

2010/4/9 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@...>:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Zhu Yanhai <zhu.yanhai@...> wrote:
>> 'hcitool con' reported there was no connections after that, and the
>> headset was power off automatically. And of course I can't see this
>> headset by
>> 'ilst-cards' or 'list-sinks' in pacmd.
>>
>> Is it because there is anything broken in the latest BlueZ +
>> Pulseaudio, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> It seems ok in bluetoothd size, maybe it is the suspend logic that
> disconnect sco after a few seconds when idle, but it doesn't seems to
> be the case here as also rfcomm connection is dropped somehow.
>
> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> Computer Engineer

Gmane