vangelis mouhtsis | 19 Apr 17:06 2012

illegal logo

hi, someone reported in #debian that an institude uses, http://www.lightclinics.no/ debian's logo and i think thats illegal.
--
Jakub Wilk | 19 Apr 17:39 2012
Picon

Re: illegal logo

* vangelis mouhtsis <vangelis <at> gnugr.org>, 2012-04-19, 18:06:
>hi, someone reported in #debian that an institude uses,
>http://www.lightclinics.no/ debian's logo and i think thats illegal.

It's not a Debian logo. Not even close.

To avoid further confusion, maybe it'd be a good idea to change our logo
to something less silly.

Jakub Wilk

Yaroslav Halchenko | 19 Apr 22:55 2012

Re: illegal logo

more ironically, AFAIK the majority of the people associate with
Debian the open use logo, not the "official use" logo.  Well may be
because noone can really use the "official logo" FREELY even for
Debian-related products.  Even debian.org uses open use logo ;-)

NB I actually like the 2nd "winner" of the 1998 contest [1]

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/1999/vote_0004

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> * vangelis mouhtsis <vangelis <at> gnugr.org>, 2012-04-19, 18:06:
> >hi, someone reported in #debian that an institude uses,
> >http://www.lightclinics.no/ debian's logo and i think thats
> >illegal.

> It's not a Debian logo. Not even close.

> To avoid further confusion, maybe it'd be a good idea to change our
> logo to something less silly.

Max Tsepkov | 22 Apr 03:24 2012

Re: illegal logo

On 19.04.2012 19:39, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> It's not a Debian logo. Not even close.

It actually looks the same.

> To avoid further confusion, maybe it'd be a good idea to change our logo
> to something less silly.

I like debian logo now.

Craig Small | 22 Apr 23:04 2012
Picon

Re: illegal logo

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 05:39:45PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> It's not a Debian logo. Not even close.
I wouldn't go as far as "not even close" but they are a little bit
different. Besides the colour change the swirl is, yes a swirl, but the
tail ends in different places and the little dots are also in different
spots and its a bit thicker.

Is that "the same enough" I have no idea.

> To avoid further confusion, maybe it'd be a good idea to change our
> logo to something less silly.
Sounds like its the rise of Captain Blue-Eye again!

 - Craig

Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org
GPG fingerprint:     5D2F B320 B825 D939 04D2  0519 3938 F96B DF50 FEA5

Gmane