Francesca Ciceri | 7 Mar 13:16 2012
Picon

Proposal for an IRC Session

Dear Publicity and Press Team members,
I'm writing you because I'd like to start a new round of
Debian IRC Sessions: similarly to last year [1] during these
sessions, people from different Debian teams will let the
attendees take a closer look at their work and at how it is
organized.
For this year, I've run a poll to ask Debian users and
enthusiasts about their preferences: as you can see in
the results [2] it seems that people badly want to know
about your team! :D

So, I'd like to invite you to join an IRC Session: the
idea is to start with the new round of sessions the next
week and have one session per week.
Sessions will be held on #debian-meeting channel on
irc.oftc.org.
Time and dates are quite flexible but it would be great if
they could fit as many timezones as possible.
With regards to the type of session, there are no strict
requirements: you can have a simple Q&A session,
a more practical one (for example, last year the Perl Team
showed how to package Perl modules), or just a plain talk
about your work.
For more information you can visit the debian-meeting wiki
page [3].

Cheers,
Francesca

[1] http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110617
(Continue reading)

Joerg Jaspert | 7 Mar 23:22 2012
Picon

Re: Proposal for an IRC Session

On 12778 March 1977, Francesca Ciceri wrote:

> Sessions will be held on #debian-meeting channel on
> irc.oftc.org.

Try irc.oftc.net, irc.oftc.org has nothing to do with OFTC as in "The
Open and Free Technology Community" :)

bye, Joerg
Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Francesca Ciceri | 8 Mar 10:40 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 11:22:31PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 12778 March 1977, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
>
> > Sessions will be held on #debian-meeting channel on
> > irc.oftc.org.
>
> Try irc.oftc.net, irc.oftc.org has nothing to do with OFTC as in "The
> Open and Free Technology Community" :)

Ouch. Thank you for spotting it, mail template fixed.

Cheers,
Francesca

"Nostra patria è il mondo intero
e nostra legge è la libertà
ed un pensiero
ribelle in cor ci sta."		P.Gori
Francesca Ciceri | 14 Mar 18:38 2012
Picon

Re: Proposal for an IRC Session

Hi Francesca,

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 01:16:56PM +0100, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> Dear Publicity and Press Team members,
> I'm writing you because I'd like to start a new round of
> Debian IRC Sessions: similarly to last year [1] during these
> sessions, people from different Debian teams will let the
> attendees take a closer look at their work and at how it is
> organized.
> For this year, I've run a poll to ask Debian users and
> enthusiasts about their preferences: as you can see in
> the results [2] it seems that people badly want to know
> about your team! :D

Oh! Thank you very much for contacting us, your work with the Debian IRC
sessions is really appreciated!
And we will be glad to participate!

/me stops being stupid (as she's feeling also schizophrenic)

So, my dear fellow publicity-press people, I obviously think that having
an IRC session for our team(s) would be useful.
Not only we could promote a little our work but we could also take
advantage of it to show our workflow to people interested in work with us.
And, honestly, a little bit of (wo)manpower it would be greatly
appreciated (at least IMO).

The problem is: I'll be the host of the session, so I cannot be also the
guest (actually I could, but I'd prefer to have someone else with me as