Picon

Debian Project Leader Elections 2012: Call for nominations

Hi,

According to the constitution (5.2. Appointment), project
leader elections should begin "six weeks before the leadership
post becomes vacant, or (if it is too late already) immediately."

The new project leader term starts on Tuesday the 17th of April,
2012.  The time line looks like:

| Period     | Start                    | End                        |
|------------+--------------------------+----------------------------|
| Nomination | Sunday, March  4th, 2012 | Saturday, March 10th, 2012 |
| Campaign   | Sunday, March 11th, 2012 | Saturday, March 31st, 2012 |
| Vote       | Sunday, April  1st, 2012 | Saturday, April 14th, 2012 |

Prospective leaders should be familiar with the constitution, but
just to review: there's a one week period when interested
developers can nominate themselves and announce their platform,
followed by a three week period intended for campaigning, followed
by two weeks for the election itself.

I intend to collect platform statements from the candidates, and
publish them at http://www.debian.org/vote/2012/platforms/ at the
end of the nomination period, which means around March 11th.

I suggest that the candidates send the platform, preferably in
wml or HTML, to the secretary at least a day before the
publication date.

(Continue reading)

Wouter Verhelst | 5 Mar 10:30 2012
Picon

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2012: Call for nominations

So, it's that time again.

I hereby nominate myself as a prospective DPL.

the following formula:

pi zz a
Kurt Roeckx | 5 Mar 22:18 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 10:30:04AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> So, it's that time again.
>
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:33:55PM +0100, Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> [request for nominations]
>
> I hereby nominate myself as a prospective DPL.

Your nomination has been received and is valid.

Kurt

Gergely Nagy | 5 Mar 21:17 2012

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2012: Call for nominations

Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx <secretary <at> debian.org> writes:

[...]
> Please make sure that nominations are sent to (or cc:'d to)
> debian-vote, and are cryptographically signed.

Lets make this more interesting than the past election has been!

I hereby nominate myself as a prospective DPL. This time, there is
no-one forcing my hand, and I will do my utmost to make this year's
campaign interesting, and the vote a close one.

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 09:17:42PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> I hereby nominate myself as a prospective DPL.

Your nomination has been received and is valid.

Kurt

Stefano Zacchiroli | 8 Mar 11:26 2012
Picon

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2012: Call for nominations

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:33:55PM +0100, Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> Please make sure that nominations are sent to (or cc:'d to)
> debian-vote, and are cryptographically signed.

I hereby nominate myself as a prospective DPL.

( just to give you all the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disprove the
Italian proverb http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_c'%C3%A8_due_senza_tre )

Stefano Zacchiroli     zack <at> {upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} . o .
Debian Project Leader    .......    <at> zack on identi.ca   .......    o o o
Kurt Roeckx | 10 Mar 13:51 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 11:26:55AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:33:55PM +0100, Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > Please make sure that nominations are sent to (or cc:'d to)
> > debian-vote, and are cryptographically signed.
>
> I hereby nominate myself as a prospective DPL.

Your nomination has been received and is valid.

> ( just to give you all the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disprove the
> Italian proverb http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_c'%C3%A8_due_senza_tre )

Pointing to an Italian page really doesn't help for most of us.  I
understand it means "Never two without three".

Kurt

Gmane