Martin Zobel-Helas | 12 Mar 16:10 2012
Picon

Stefano Zacchiroli: What would you do different

Hi Zack,

you are 2 years DPL already. In your current platform you state in 1.2
why you want to stand for DPL an other year.

Are there any areas within your current DPL work where you think you
will do completly different to the other two years?

Cheers,
Martin

 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel <at> debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster
 GPG key http://go.debian.net/B11B627B  |
 GPG Fingerprint:  6B18 5642 8E41 EC89 3D5D  BDBB 53B1 AC6D B11B 627B

Stefano Zacchiroli | 13 Mar 14:29 2012
Picon

Re: Stefano Zacchiroli: What would you do different

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 04:10:11PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> you are 2 years DPL already. In your current platform you state in 1.2
> why you want to stand for DPL an other year.
>
> Are there any areas within your current DPL work where you think you
> will do completly different to the other two years?

_Completely_ different, no, not really.

As I've mentioned in my motivations to run this year, I think I've
offered a decent service to the project for the past two years. That has
happened due to the way I've chosen to do things over other possible
ways that I've put aside.  As I've the energy to apply the same recipes
--- or the same "style" if you want --- for another year, I don't see
compelling reasons to change them.

There are projects that, time permitting, I'd like to complete and new
ones to take on, but that is unrelated to the wish of doing things
differently.

Obviously, I've also in mind mistakes and regrets, who doesn't? A
recurrent category for me is the category "I should have worded better
that email, maybe the discussion would have turned out better if I did".
But that is just a big bag of experiences, that we all have, and that
make us do better next time.

Cheers.

Stefano Zacchiroli     zack <at> {upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} . o .