Martin Schulze | 11 Apr 21:06 2006

Debian Weekly News - April 11th, 2006

Debian Weekly News
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2006/15/
Debian Weekly News - April 11th, 2006

Welcome to this year's 15th issue of DWN, the weekly newsletter for
the Debian community. Martin Zobel-Helas [1]sent out an update of the
[2]preparations for an updated [3]stable distribution. When this
newsletter is released, the Debian project has [4]elected a new
project leader. Congratulations.

 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2006/04/msg00023.html
 2. http://release.debian.org/stable/3.1/3.1r2/
 3. http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/
 4. http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_002

Internationalisation Collaboration Server. Jaldhar H. Vyas [5]asked
if it would be possible to set up a central website for coordinating
translation efforts within Debian. He suggested several tools which
were working like Ubuntu's proprietary Rosetta tool. Margarita
Manterola [6]added that such a website would encourage a lot of
people to contribute to Debian who were unable to do so with the
existing translation tools.

 5. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/03/msg00280.html
 6. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/03/msg00282.html

Proposed General Resolution. Josselin Mouette [7]proposed a new
general solution to alter the [8]Debian Free Software Guidelines in
(Continue reading)

Christian Perrier | 11 Apr 23:32 2006
Picon

Re: Setting up i18n.debian.org?

> Internationalisation Collaboration Server. Jaldhar H. Vyas [5]asked
> if it would be possible to set up a central website for coordinating
> translation efforts within Debian. He suggested several tools which
> were working like Ubuntu's proprietary Rosetta tool. Margarita
> Manterola [6]added that such a website would encourage a lot of
> people to contribute to Debian who were unable to do so with the
> existing translation tools.
>
>  5. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/03/msg00280.html
>  6. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/03/msg00282.html

(thanks DWN for pointing this: as I don't read -project, I missed this
thread)

Well, this topic is a recurrent topic on -i18n, Jaldhar.

Actually, this is the goal I have for the i18n meeting in Extremadura
(http://wiki.debian.org/WorkSessionExtremadura2006i18n): either do
some initial work on setting up some early infrastructure or at the
minimum work on the requisites for it.

Discussions at Debconf, during, or after, the round table Javier
Fernàndez-Sanguino and I will present/animate....will also help
converging on the requirements for an i18n infrastructure.

I suggest that further discussion continues on -i18n which is IMHO its
natural place....or stays crossposted but, please, keep -i18n CC'ed...

Gmane