Alexander Reichle-Schmehl | 2 Nov 12:19 2011
Picon

DebConf12 Nicaragua dates confirmed

The Debian Project                                 http://www.debian.org/
DebConf12 Nicaragua dates confirmed                      press <at> debian.org
November 2nd, 2011               http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20111102

DebConf12 Nicaragua dates confirmed
DebConf12 to take place in Managua, Nicaragua in July 2012

The Debian Project, the team behind the free Debian operating system, has
confirmed the dates and venue for its next annual conference, DebConf12.

The conference will take place from July 8 to July 14 2012, in Managua,
Nicaragua. In DebConf's twelve-year history, this will be the first time
it will be held in Central America.

Every year, DebConf allows new and existing Debian project participants
from around the world to assemble, share knowledge, make collaborative
contributions to Debian, and build tighter community bonds. Conference
costs are largely funded by corporate sponsors who find significant value
in enabling Debian's success.

"The members of the Debian community in Nicaragua, working together with
their fellow communities in Central America, are very excited to be
hosting this event, and are happy to welcome our colleagues from around
the world to join us in Managua at this very important and productive
conference" says Leandro G&oacute;mez, leader of the local team for
DebConf12. "This conference will boost the local Debian and Free Software
communities and help to bring awareness for the Debian Project, with new
contributors and enthusiasts from our country and the surrounding region