Merciadri Luca | 13 Aug 14:18 2010
Picon

Android phone is not recognized by Android SDK, despite udev conf

Hi,

I've got an HTC Desire that I generally connect to this computer, and
sharing pictures, videos, etc., works great. Some weeks ago, I tried
using the Android SDK for x86. After having installed it, Say that my
Android SDK is located at ~/android-sdk/. Then, I directly noticed that
~/android-sdk/tools/ddms wrote `????? unknown device' for the connected
(and listed device). In the console, I receive

==
14:25 W/ddms: Unable to get frame buffer: device (????????????) request
rejected: insufficient permissions for device
==

I then checked

==
$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
????????????    no permissions
==

There appears to be a permission problem. I then wrote a
`51-android.rules' file (with chmod a+r) in /etc/udev/rules.d/, such that

==
# cat 51-android.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c87",
MODE="0666"
==
(Continue reading)

Merciadri Luca | 13 Aug 14:20 2010
Picon

Re: Android phone is not recognized by Android SDK, despite udev conf

I should have also mentioned that

==
# lsusb | grep High
Bus 008 Device 005: ID 0bb4:0c87 High Tech Computer Corp.
==

which is a direct mapping to my udev's rules file.

Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an HTC Desire that I generally connect to this computer, and
> sharing pictures, videos, etc., works great. Some weeks ago, I tried
> using the Android SDK for x86. After having installed it, Say that my
> Android SDK is located at ~/android-sdk/. Then, I directly noticed that
> ~/android-sdk/tools/ddms wrote `????? unknown device' for the connected
> (and listed device). In the console, I receive
>
> ==
> 14:25 W/ddms: Unable to get frame buffer: device (????????????) request
> rejected: insufficient permissions for device
> ==
>
> I then checked
>
> ==
> $ ./adb devices
> List of devices attached
> ????????????    no permissions
(Continue reading)

Merciadri Luca | 13 Aug 15:33 2010
Picon

Re: Android phone is not recognized by Android SDK, despite udev conf

Problem solved: restarting udev from CLI was not sufficient. I needed to
restart.

Merciadri Luca wrote:
> I should have also mentioned that
>
> ==
> # lsusb | grep High
> Bus 008 Device 005: ID 0bb4:0c87 High Tech Computer Corp.
> ==
>
> which is a direct mapping to my udev's rules file.
>
> Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got an HTC Desire that I generally connect to this computer, and
>> sharing pictures, videos, etc., works great. Some weeks ago, I tried
>> using the Android SDK for x86. After having installed it, Say that my
>> Android SDK is located at ~/android-sdk/. Then, I directly noticed that
>> ~/android-sdk/tools/ddms wrote `????? unknown device' for the connected
>> (and listed device). In the console, I receive
>>
>> ==
>> 14:25 W/ddms: Unable to get frame buffer: device (????????????) request
>> rejected: insufficient permissions for device
>> ==
>>
>> I then checked
(Continue reading)

Camaleón | 13 Aug 15:39 2010
Picon

Re: Android phone is not recognized by Android SDK, despite udev conf

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:18:17 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

(...)

> SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c87",
  ^^^^^^^^^
> MODE="0666"

Mmm, to proper match udev rules, I think the above should read
"SUBSYSTEMS" (yours lacks final "S"), in plural form :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón