Rick Bolen (GM | 11 Sep 01:00 2011
Picon

Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

Hello all,

I'm very happy to see this update.

Q:

Is the 3.0.1-libredyne kernel a real-time kernel?

I've successfully booted this distro from usb (built using unetbootin)
on several machines already.

All the Best,

Rick
Jaromil | 11 Sep 13:32 2011
X-Face

Re: Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

hi Rick,

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Rick Bolen (GM) wrote:

> I'm very happy to see this update.

Hehe :) I'm surprised and happy to see all our community stays around
even without updates for 5 years and then all of a sudden we are all
still here and the spirit of this place is alive :D

> Q:
> Is the 3.0.1-libredyne kernel a real-time kernel?

no! one of the reasons why we call it beta still.

at the time of dyne:II I was more up to date with this kernel
development and out of knowing the options around I've adopted the
great patches that Con Kolivas was doing. Unfortunately he left the
scene now and I don't know anymore which are the best realtime patches
now.

anyone has ideas? should we ask the folks at pure:dyne or
linux-audio-dev?

> I've successfully booted this distro from usb (built using
> unetbootin) on several machines already.

great! I hope you enjoyed, your feedback is welcome.

Re: Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

32
>To: "dynebolic mailinglist"<dynebolic@...>
>Subj: Re:
[dyne:bolic] Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

>hi Rick,
>
>On
Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Rick Bolen (GM) wrote:

>> I'm very happy to see
this update.

>Hehe :) I'm surprised and happy to see all our
community stays around
>even without updates for 5 years and then all
of a sudden we are all
>still here and the spirit of this place is
alive :D

>> Q:
>> Is the 3.0.1-libredyne kernel a real-time kernel?
>

>no! one of the reasons why we call it beta still.

(Continue reading)

Hal | 11 Sep 21:03 2011
Picon

Re: Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

Is there are chance to have jack tools in one interface instead of
separated? There are many. Together they are like logic but, they are
not logic (emagic). so is there a tool which gets all jack stuff in
one folder, and launchable from one interface?
Is it worth it?

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:56 PM, sayhi2guy@...
<sayhi2guy@...> wrote:
> [...]

03
>To: "dynebolic mailinglist"<dynebolic@...>
>Subj: Re:
[dyne:bolic] Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

>Is there are
chance to have jack tools in one interface instead of
>separated? There
are many. Together they are like logic but, they are
>not logic
(emagic). so is there a tool which gets all jack stuff in
>one folder,
and launchable from one interface?
>Is it worth it?

I am not sure
(not having used logic) what you mean but if you want to launch a set
of applications it is very easy to write a shell script that launches
them so that you can do it with a single click.  For example, a script
that launches jack control, ardour (daw) and hydrogen (drum machine)
would be:

#!/bin/bash
qjackctl -s &
sleep 8
ardour2 &
(Continue reading)

v0x | 12 Sep 02:24 2011

Re: live-boot script

hey

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:32:59 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@...> :

> FYI this was achieved by a customized script in debian-live premount:
>
> https://github.com/dyne/dynebolic/blob/master/dyneIII/live-init-scripts/scripts/live-premount/dyne_iso_explorer

nice script,
i have an error while booting:

BOOT FAILED!
scanning local storage for dyne:III ISO file /dynebolic-3.0.0-beta.iso...
opening /dev/sda ...
mount: mounting /dev/sda5 on /dyne failed: invalid argument

while runing the script on a FAT32 usbkey i had no errors, but... what is the
minimun size for a usbkey? dvdisosize*2?
Niels Elburg | 12 Sep 13:13 2011
Picon

Re: Does the kernel have rt optimizations?

> anyone has ideas? should we ask the folks at pure:dyne or
> linux-audio-dev?

which reminds me, i was reading these in the weekend:

http://versalogic.com/downloads/whitepapers/Real-time_Linux_Benchmark.pdf
http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/RealtimePreemption

Gmane