andy pugh | 21 Oct 19:23 2012
Picon

Re: G code problem with G95

On 21 October 2012 16:12, Matt Shaver <matt@...> wrote:

> Thanks for confirming what I have been thinking - That G95 is broken
> somehow.

My lathe was running 2.5, and G95 worked as expected.
Deleting the link to motion.spindle-speed-in stopped it working, however.

I then upgraded to 2.5.1 through the package manager, and G95 still works.
Again, deleting the signal into motion.spindle-speed-in stopped it
dead in its tracks.

atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_sfd2d_oct
ed | 21 Oct 20:43 2012
Picon

Re: G code problem with G95

andy pugh wrote:
> On 21 October 2012 16:12, Matt Shaver <matt@...> wrote:
>

>> Thanks for confirming what I have been thinking - That G95 is broken
>> somehow.
>>

> My lathe was running 2.5, and G95 worked as expected.
> Deleting the link to motion.spindle-speed-in stopped it working, however.
>
> I then upgraded to 2.5.1 through the package manager, and G95 still works.
> Again, deleting the signal into motion.spindle-speed-in stopped it
> dead in its track

I am running 2.51 at this time. Could you tell what the links are?

Searching through my HAL files I do not find any connections to
"motion.spindle" anything. Most of what I am using comes from Jon's Pico
Systems site and cobbled together.

Ed.

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_sfd2d_oct
(Continue reading)

andy pugh | 21 Oct 20:52 2012
Picon

Re: G code problem with G95

On 21 October 2012 19:43, ed <atex57@...> wrote:

> I am running 2.51 at this time. Could you tell what the links are?

http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.4/html/examples_spindle.html#sec:Spindle-Synchronized-Motion

You need to link motion.spindle-speed-in to something (possibly
motion.spindle-speed-out)

atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto