Nicolás Reynolds | 19 Mar 04:44 2011
Picon

[Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola port to
the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote machines). In case
you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola packages from the
ground up.

We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's usable and
stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by wobsite!

Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today, so if
you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so funny stories
of the porting work :)

I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have a
Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the base and
base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.

[0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz

Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,
xmpp:fauno@...
omb:http://identi.ca/fauno
blog:http://selfdandi.com.ar/
gnu/linux user #455044

OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2

http://parabolagnulinux.org
http://endefensadelsl.org
(Continue reading)

Karl Goetz | 20 Mar 02:45 2011
Picon

Re: [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 00:44:08 -0300
Nicolás Reynolds <fauno@...> wrote:

> Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola
> port to the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote
> machines). In case you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola
> packages from the ground up.

> I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have
> a Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the
> base and base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.

Fantastic work :)
thanks,
kk

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au
Quiliro Ordóñez | 21 Mar 14:16 2011

El 18/03/11 22:44, Nicolás Reynolds escribió:
> Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola port to
> the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote machines). In case
> you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola packages from the
> ground up.
>
> We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's usable and
> stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by wobsite!
>
> Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today, so if
> you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so funny stories
> of the porting work :)
>
> I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have a
> Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the base and
> base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.
>

> [0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz

This si great. Congratulations! A big thank you to all Parabola team for
making this world have more freedom.

Is there a howto for people who want to try it?

Nicolás Reynolds | 21 Mar 18:12 2011
Picon

Re: [Parabola] [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

El 21/03/11 08:16, Quiliro Ordóñez dijo:
> El 18/03/11 22:44, Nicolás Reynolds escribió:
> >Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola port to
> >the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote machines). In case
> >you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola packages from the
> >ground up.
> >
> >We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's usable and
> >stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by wobsite!
> >
> >Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today, so if
> >you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so funny stories
> >of the porting work :)
> >
> >I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have a
> >Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the base and
> >base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.
> >

> >[0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz
> >
> This si great. Congratulations! A big thank you to all Parabola team
> for making this world have more freedom.
>
> Is there a howto for people who want to try it?

http://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/mips:installation

:)

(Continue reading)

Daniel Olivera | 21 Mar 14:36 2011

El 19/03/11 04:44, Nicolás Reynolds escribió:
> Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola port to
> the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote machines). In case
> you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola packages from the
> ground up.
>
> We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's usable and
> stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by wobsite!
>
> Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today, so if
> you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so funny stories
> of the porting work :)
>
> I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have a
> Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the base and
> base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.
>

> [0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz

Excelent!!!!
This is really a good news!
I have 4 lemote machines.
If is possible I will try.
Possible for me is time.

Congratulations!!

happy hacking!!
(Continue reading)

Matias A. Fonzo | 21 Mar 22:37 2011

Re: [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

> Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola port to
> the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote machines). In case
> you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola packages from the
> ground up.
>
> We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's usable and
> stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by wobsite!
>
> Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today, so if
> you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so funny stories
> of the porting work :)
>
> I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have a
> Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the base and
> base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.
>

> [0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz

Very well. :-)

P.S: Someone generous can donate a Lemote to develop a port in Dragora?.

Regards,
Matias.

Karl Goetz | 22 Mar 11:20 2011
Picon

Re: [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:37:41 -0300
"Matias A. Fonzo" <selk@...> wrote:

> > Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola
> > port to the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote
> > machines). In case you don't know, we have to rebuild all of
> > Parabola packages from the ground up.
> >
> > We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's
> > usable and stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by
> > wobsite!
> >
> > Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today,
> > so if you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so
> > funny stories of the porting work :)
> >
> > I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you
> > have a Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains
> > the base and base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.
> >

> > [0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz
> >

> Very well. :-)
>
> P.S: Someone generous can donate a Lemote to develop a port in
> Dragora?.
>
> Regards,
(Continue reading)

Nicolás Reynolds | 31 Mar 16:50 2011
Picon

Re: [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

El 22/03/11 08:50, Karl Goetz dijo:
> > P.S: Someone generous can donate a Lemote to develop a port in
> > Dragora?.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Matias.
>
> Remote shell access can be arranged, if that will help?

can we have access too? :)

Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,
xmpp:fauno@...
omb:http://identi.ca/fauno
blog:http://selfdandi.com.ar/
gnu/linux user #455044

OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2

http://parabolagnulinux.org
http://endefensadelsl.org
Matias A. Fonzo | 22 Mar 20:07 2011