niyaschirayakuth | 29 May 09:56 2012
Picon

Bluetooth adapter not found

I have a strange problem with my built-in bluetooth adapter. It was visible
when I installed trisquel first time. Then disappeared after reboot. And
bluetooth manager shows bluetooth adapter not found. It was working properly
in ubuntu.

Can anyone help me?

I'm using trisquel 5.0 on hp probook 4230s

zengyichao | 17 Sep 05:40 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

ow we can spot fake
Coach Factory bags depends on its number. But if we buy from
Coach Outlet Online. we can not see the number. Authentic serial numbers are
always be stamped on a piece of leather which is always inside of the bag.
Most times, a
Louis Vuitton Outlet handbag serial number is referred to as the "Credo
Patch". If your bag is not in this case, there is a very large chance that it
is a fake one. Do not be alarmed if you do not find the Coach serial number
inside the coach totes or the coach snatchels, Coach has decided not to put
any serial numbers on these series of
Louis Vuitton Purses bags.A+T+H19.17zengyichao

tianjiuwan001 | 20 Oct 08:22 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

it's the original products or any other leather product.These outlet stores
can also be left behind. Nevertheless alas those products are guaranteed with
the regular changes, else we will be found at such store are Very simple
never compare there is no issue of getting replica product at such that we
have to buy Coaching Products, then don't forget to visit the Coach Online
Outlet stores where you will again find the official products of Coach.Ladies
are always looking for something that make them look different and elegant.
One of these things is designer handbags. Among those world-famous designer
purses, Coach bags are of high quality. Of courses, I mean the real ones are
of high quality. So it is extremely important to notice that if you are
spending your hard earned money on a real one or not. You should be extremely
careful when you are shopping at some so call Coach factory outlet store
online.Given that they are able to acquire these coach outlet store online
surpluses or coach factory outlet online  in substantial volumes, these coach
outlet  are able to pass within the price savings to their clientele. If you
are searching for that Coach Factory Outlet Online provide the latest Coach
Factory products.They are all hot sale!Coach Factory Outlet can satisfy
whatever bags you want.  vintage design and style, you'll be able to most
certainly get them at discounted selling prices at the same time for that
reason the phrase "discounted coach store online  haven".If you ever simply
cannot identify this sort of a retail coach online store in your area,
there's no rationale for being upset either. Other than the traditional
factory But you have to be very careful. There are large quantity of fake
coach purses. It is difficult to trust any coach outlet store online. There
are many websites which claim themselves outlets for Coach, but in many cases
are just selling cheap coach purses. I strongly recommend that: before you
buy, go to an authentication website to make sure the site you want to place
orders is legal.The market nowadays is experiencing a very difficult
competition when it comes to selling designer bags. Although, there are tons
(Continue reading)

rooneyandy72 | 6 Nov 09:25 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

chenjiansu1106
Coach store online Crystal clear Program includes not one but two styles of
elements, transparent vinyl plus canvas. A
Coach Factory Outlet make-up hails from a crystalline
Coach Factory Outlet of your travelling bag buckle. The form is rather
unique, attractive plus simple. Purses and handbags will be cone
Coach Factory Outlet store this women of all ages retain highly near its
soul. you will discover girl offers the noticing to get
www.coachsoutlet-store-onlines.org for their personal design and style, plus
any style and design expertise a wholly several design and style declaration
to talk about. the
Coach Online Store. chenjiansu1106.

chris | 29 May 10:03 2012

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

I'd point you to our documentation although I'm not sure it would help. Try
adding/removing the bluetooth dongle. Use the +/- arrows from preferences.
Bluetooth in general can be a tricky beast.

niyaschirayakuth | 29 May 14:49 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

First note that I'm using trisquel 5.0 .There is no +/- arrows. Then it is
problem with detecting bluetooth adapter itself not with any particular
device.
Here is my adapter information taken using lsusb command
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 03f0:311d Hewlett-Packard Atheros AR9285 Malbec
Bluetooth Adapter

chris | 30 May 07:48 2012

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

The chipset is actually AR30xx and it's a USB chipset not a Mini PCIe chipset
despite being on a Mini PCIe card. The 802.11 portion is a Mini PCIe chipset.
The Mini PCIe slot has to support the USB function to use these cards. The
USB chipset here is not free software compatible.

kobe | 29 May 14:58 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

I've the same adapter and it does the same trick.. Trisquel usually doesn't
recognize it and when I shutdown I can read "Deblobbed - Free firmware
missing".. but sometimes it "works".. yesterday I also connected my laptop
with my symbian phone..

I use Trisquel 5.5 with Linux-libre 3.3.

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 03f0:311d Hewlett-Packard Atheros AR9285 Malbec
Bluetooth Adapter

chris | 30 May 07:45 2012

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

The Atheros bluetooth chipset needs a non-free blob. It won't work without
it. I can conceive of a few explanations for why it may have worked in
Trisquel. For example it might be if you have booted up another distribution
or operating system with the non-free firmware that distribution has loaded
it already. If you reboot it may stay on the chip. If you shut down and then
start up the system Trisquel won't be able to utilise it. The AR9285 chipset
(wireless portion) holds the firmware on the chip and no firmware loading is
required.

We sell USB bluetooth cards to resolve this problem. There is a CSR chipset
that is compatible with Trisquel and other free software distributions. Not
all USB adapters with this chipset work though. I'm not 100% certain why.
This is the case even where the IDs match exactly.

kobe | 1 Jun 13:37 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

I've only Trisquel on my ssd, but shortly before I had tried Mint in live..
you could be right.. :)

niyaschirayakuth | 29 May 17:05 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

Do anybody have solution?

chris | 30 May 07:52 2012

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

If Atheros legal goes ahead and approves a request to release the firmware's
source code for a newer Atheros wireless N chipset we will probably try and
get them to do the same for this chipset. No idea what the time frame would
be. My best guess is 6-12 months.

mikko.viinamaki | 29 May 19:46 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

One solution is to wait and hope.

Another is
https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/penguin-usb-bluetooth-micro-adapter

chris | 1 Jun 18:11 2012

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

One other thing. There are some reports on the web that there is a free
software compatible mini pcie chip. It is atheros wireless with atheros
bluetooth. This is not correct.

It appears a few people have made the mistake of believing they were
installing a free solution from a driver when only the driver portion was
free. The firmware portion was not. And/or in other cases they may have not
tested the bluetooth portion and assumed it was also free. And lastly the one
mentioned above may also have occurred in a case or two where a non-free
operating system loaded non-free firmware to the chip and after a reboot no
firmware in Trisquel needed to be loaded for Trisquel to use the card. In any
case there isn't a solution to the problem yet...

sachinsdeyd | 3 Jun 11:07 2012
Picon

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

I use a micro bluetooth adapter similar to
  https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/penguin-usb-bluetooth-micro-adapter
  i was worried that libre kernel may not run it but everything is good.
I am also able to use my phone as modem via bluetooth when needed!
After running "lsusb" command i found out it showed
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

chris | 3 Jun 22:03 2012

Re: Bluetooth adapter not found

Yea- you definitely want a CSR chipset. Some of the CSR chips don't seem to
work even though the IDs will be identical between chips. There must be
slightly different versions of the same chipset being used. Even by the same
manufacturer(s).

Gmane