Seminar Date: February 5, 2009
"Learn money-saving strategies from the finance and accounting-focused training center."
Facing cash flow management problems as you wade through today’s economic difficulties? Learn solid money-saving strategies from the finance-and-accounting-focussed training center.
Understand the changing dynamics of cash flow management and discover up-to-the-minute information you can put to work immediately!
In this dynamic one-day seminar, participants will gain a solid understanding of the elements of cash flow management. Designed for those new to the Treasury process, this seminar presents all the essentials needed to help you develop optimal cash forecasting techniques, increase the accuracy and timeliness of cash flow forecasts and improve the flow of information through your organization. In-class group exercises will help reinforce what you have learned, and provide an opportunity to network with your peers.
This course aims to facilitate participant knowledge and skills to:
PLEASE BRING CALCULATOR ON THIS SEMINAR
- Optimize your cash flow management for both receipts and payments
- Manage cash float and its associated costs
- Accelerate the collection of remittances and improve control of disbursements
- Analyze and assess cash flows in your current environment
- Identify cash drivers in your company
- Successfully invest excess funds in short-term instruments
- Understand the Statement of Cash Flows
- Managers of larger organisations who want a good understanding of financial reports and the ability to utilise this information productively
- Small to medium business owners who want more involvement with their company finances, enabling closer monitoring and control of its financial performance
- Bookkeepers or accounts clerks who want a greater appreciation of accounting terminology and processes
- Professionals who are working in, or wish to work in general management and are required to use and understand financial reports.
- Those new to the treasury function
- Treasury staff responsible for preparing short and long term cash forecasts
- Staff in other areas of the company who provide cash flow information to the treasury department
Topics covered will include:
- What is Cash Flow Management?
- Cash flows versus accounting flows
- Why there is a need to forecast cash flows
- Defining cash management objectives and parameters
- Creating a cash management information network
- Defining the Corporate Environment
- Collecting the cash flow data
- Analyzing types of cash flows
- Analyzing the constraints in controlling cash flows
- Assessing inherent uncertainty
- Utilizing the Statement of Cash Flows Format
- Compare and contrast the “direct” format from the “indirect” format
- How to use both cash flow models to evaluate business cash flow, with particular focus on assessing the operating cash flow consistency and reliability
- How to recognize cash flow patterns and to link them to underlying business strategy
- How cash flow analysis can be integrated into traditional ratio analysis
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Cash Versus Accrual Accounting – Which is right for your business?
- Dangers of Extending and Accepting Credit
- Cash Flow Forecasting Approaches
The seminar rate is only Php 7,500.00. Registration is required.
- Afternoon Snacks