Michael Nigck | 20 Jun 09:18 2012
Picon

ethtool filter

Hi,
I'm trying to enable same hardware filters with the ethtool but always getting some errors.
I installed the ixgbe module like this:
cd ixgbe-x-x-x/src/
make
make install
rmmod ixgbe
insmod ixgbe.ko FdirMode=2 FdirPballoc=2

then I try to set filters with
ethtool -U eth2 flow-type ip4 src-ip x.x.x.x action -1
which works fine
but when I'm trying the following
ethtool -U eth2 flow-type ether src x:x:x:x:x:x action -1
I get the error
rmgr: Cannot insert RX class rule: Invalid argument

does anyone know why?

Alexander Duyck | 20 Jun 19:20 2012
Picon

Re: ethtool filter

On 06/20/2012 12:18 AM, Michael Nigck wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to enable same hardware filters with the ethtool but always getting some errors.
> I installed the ixgbe module like this:
> cd ixgbe-x-x-x/src/
> make
> make install
> rmmod ixgbe
> insmod ixgbe.ko FdirMode=2 FdirPballoc=2
>
> then I try to set filters with
> ethtool -U eth2 flow-type ip4 src-ip x.x.x.x action -1
> which works fine
> but when I'm trying the following
> ethtool -U eth2 flow-type ether src x:x:x:x:x:x action -1
> I get the error
> rmgr: Cannot insert RX class rule: Invalid argument
>
> does anyone know why?

None of the parts supported by ixgbe support the ether flow type.  They
support ip4, udp4, tcp4, and sctp4 flow types.

Thanks,

Alex

Live Security Virtual Conference