Rowan Potgieter | 5 Sep 18:15 2006
Picon

firmware_class???

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something stupid here but I did RTFM a few
times! I'm working with a StarEast IXDP425, I compiled the drivers
exactly as instructed in the INSTALL file and put the AP firmware
drivers in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware which is where the firmware agent
(found in /etc/hotplug) looks.
The problem comes in when i type:
# modprobe firmware_class
I get the error:
modprobe: module firmware_class not found.
modprobe: failed to load module firmware_class

what am I missing here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

 When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just
stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for
free*'. (L. Torvalds)

Stijn Tintel | 5 Sep 18:26 2006
Picon

Re: firmware_class???

Rowan Potgieter wrote:
> # modprobe firmware_class
> I get the error:
> modprobe: module firmware_class not found.
> modprobe: failed to load module firmware_class
>
> what am I missing here?

You are missing CONFIG_FW_LOADER ("Userspace firmware loading support")
in the kernel config.

Regards
Stijn