Bernard Cafarelli | 4 Oct 10:23 2013
Picon

afterstep herd is empty

I just removed myself from this herd (not enough time and I have not
used Afterstep for a long long time), feel free to join if you are an
Afterstep user!

Open bugs currently include fixing some ignored LDFLAGS, a compilation
failure in libafterimage, and a version bump for afterstep itself

Pacho Ramos | 9 Oct 19:20 2013
Picon

Re: afterstep herd is empty

El vie, 04-10-2013 a las 10:23 +0200, Bernard Cafarelli escribió:
> I just removed myself from this herd (not enough time and I have not
> used Afterstep for a long long time), feel free to join if you are an
> Afterstep user!
>
> Open bugs currently include fixing some ignored LDFLAGS, a compilation
> failure in libafterimage, and a version bump for afterstep itself

Will proceed to move its packages to maintainer-needed in a week if it
keeps being empty then

Samuli Suominen | 9 Oct 19:34 2013
Picon

Re: afterstep herd is empty

On 09/10/13 20:20, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> El vie, 04-10-2013 a las 10:23 +0200, Bernard Cafarelli escribió:
>> I just removed myself from this herd (not enough time and I have not
>> used Afterstep for a long long time), feel free to join if you are an
>> Afterstep user!
>>
>> Open bugs currently include fixing some ignored LDFLAGS, a compilation
>> failure in libafterimage, and a version bump for afterstep itself
>>

> Will proceed to move its packages to maintainer-needed in a week if it
> keeps being empty then

Move the x11-wm/afterstep package to desktop-wm <at>  and x11-plugins/ ones
to desktop-dock <at>
Ditto for net-mail/asmail which is a dock, so desktop-dock <at>

Only package from afterstep herd that should/could go to m-needed <at>  is
the libafterimage package itself.
But because only package using it in Portage is sci-physics/root, you
might consider asking it's maintainer, bircoph

Pacho Ramos | 9 Oct 19:42 2013
Picon

Re: afterstep herd is empty

El mié, 09-10-2013 a las 20:34 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
[...]
> > Will proceed to move its packages to maintainer-needed in a week if it
> > keeps being empty then
>
> Move the x11-wm/afterstep package to desktop-wm <at>  and x11-plugins/ ones
> to desktop-dock <at>
> Ditto for net-mail/asmail which is a dock, so desktop-dock <at>
>

> Only package from afterstep herd that should/could go to m-needed <at>  is
> the libafterimage package itself.
> But because only package using it in Portage is sci-physics/root, you
> might consider asking it's maintainer, bircoph

Is desktop-wm really active on maintaining all the stuff they had under
their umbrella? I remember to need to go ahead with some pending icewm
problems some days ago :/

Samuli Suominen | 9 Oct 19:54 2013
Picon

Re: afterstep herd is empty

On 09/10/13 20:42, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> El mié, 09-10-2013 a las 20:34 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
> [...]
>>> Will proceed to move its packages to maintainer-needed in a week if it
>>> keeps being empty then
>>
>> Move the x11-wm/afterstep package to desktop-wm <at>  and x11-plugins/ ones
>> to desktop-dock <at>
>> Ditto for net-mail/asmail which is a dock, so desktop-dock <at>
>>

>> Only package from afterstep herd that should/could go to m-needed <at>  is
>> the libafterimage package itself.
>> But because only package using it in Portage is sci-physics/root, you
>> might consider asking it's maintainer, bircoph
>>

> Is desktop-wm really active on maintaining all the stuff they had under
> their umbrella? I remember to need to go ahead with some pending icewm
> problems some days ago :/

I meant that for long as desktop-wm <at>  herd is there, it should be used

But you have a very good point, the desktop-wm <at>  herd has been quiet for
years and it's one of those herds that doesn't make sense because no
maintainer can run all of the WMs the herd pretends to maintain
So I would go for removing the herd altogether, WMs should have
(Continue reading)

Pacho Ramos | 9 Oct 20:11 2013
Picon

Re: afterstep herd is empty

El mié, 09-10-2013 a las 20:54 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
[...]
> I meant that for long as desktop-wm <at>  herd is there, it should be used
>
> But you have a very good point, the desktop-wm <at>  herd has been quiet for
> years and it's one of those herds that doesn't make sense because no
> maintainer can run all of the WMs the herd pretends to maintain
> So I would go for removing the herd altogether, WMs should have
> individual maintainers

I fully agree, will proceed in a week with both then. Also, CCing
desktop-wm alias here and, if you want to maintain something under that
herd, please get it (and remove the herd from metadata to save me from
doing that work in all the packages ;))
sys-libs/libixp
x11-misc/bbappconf
x11-misc/bbcd