justin | 9 Oct 08:44 2013
Picon

New Developer: Ruud Koolen (redlizard)

Hi all,

it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.

He is a skilled programmer with knowledge about system and network
administration, and has deeper interest in theoretical computer science.

On Gentoo he contributed to "RAP" and expressed interest to expand his
toolchain and base-system work from Prefix to Gentoo in general.
Hopefully we will see many contributions to come.

This is how he describes himself:

"I am a master student and (hopefully) soon-to-be PhD student of
computer science and engineering; as such, I am interested in
theoretical computer science and mathematics, and am doing research in
formal methods.

On the more down to earth software development level, I enjoy working on
behind-the-scenes work and base infrastructure, such as toolchain and
base-system topics. I plan on doing much work on gentoo prefix, where I
have been doing exactly that working with Benda Xu (heroxbd) on the
"prefix with libc" project.

Outside the technical topics I am quite a fan of card-, board-, and
role-playing games."

Please give him all a very warm welcome!

(Continue reading)

Dirkjan Ochtman | 9 Oct 09:03 2013
Picon

Re: New Developer: Ruud Koolen (redlizard)

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM, justin <jlec <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
> This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.

Welcome! Definitely need more Dutchies on the team.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Fabian Groffen | 9 Oct 09:41 2013

On 09-10-2013 09:03:07 +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM, justin <jlec <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> > it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
> > This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.
>
> Welcome! Definitely need more Dutchies on the team.

Yay! :D

Fabian

dr. Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
Thomas Kahle | 9 Oct 09:15 2013
Picon

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Ruud Koolen (redlizard)

On 10/09/2013 08:44 AM, justin wrote:
> "I am a master student and (hopefully) soon-to-be PhD student of
> computer science and engineering; as such, I am interested in
> theoretical computer science and mathematics, and am doing research in
> formal methods.

Final quiz question: Is P=NP?

Welcome (even if you don't know)!

Thomas

Thomas Kahle

heroxbd | 9 Oct 09:22 2013

justin <jlec <at> gentoo.org> writes:

> it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
> This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.
>
> He is a skilled programmer with knowledge about system and network
> administration, and has deeper interest in theoretical computer science.
>
> On Gentoo he contributed to "RAP" and expressed interest to expand his
> toolchain and base-system work from Prefix to Gentoo in general.
> Hopefully we will see many contributions to come.
>
> This is how he describes himself:
>
> "I am a master student and (hopefully) soon-to-be PhD student of
> computer science and engineering; as such, I am interested in
> theoretical computer science and mathematics, and am doing research in
> formal methods.
>
> On the more down to earth software development level, I enjoy working on
> behind-the-scenes work and base infrastructure, such as toolchain and
> base-system topics. I plan on doing much work on gentoo prefix, where I
> have been doing exactly that working with Benda Xu (heroxbd) on the
> "prefix with libc" project.
>
> Outside the technical topics I am quite a fan of card-, board-, and
> role-playing games."

Wow Ruud, finally! Welcome on board. Now I can write emails to you with
only "redlizard" in the /To/ field!
(Continue reading)

Richard Yao | 9 Oct 10:36 2013
Picon

Re: New Developer: Ruud Koolen (redlizard)

it is about time. :)

On Oct 9, 2013, at 2:44 AM, justin <jlec <at> gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
> This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.
>
> He is a skilled programmer with knowledge about system and network
> administration, and has deeper interest in theoretical computer science.
>
> On Gentoo he contributed to "RAP" and expressed interest to expand his
> toolchain and base-system work from Prefix to Gentoo in general.
> Hopefully we will see many contributions to come.
>
> This is how he describes himself:
>
> "I am a master student and (hopefully) soon-to-be PhD student of
> computer science and engineering; as such, I am interested in
> theoretical computer science and mathematics, and am doing research in
> formal methods.
>
> On the more down to earth software development level, I enjoy working on
> behind-the-scenes work and base infrastructure, such as toolchain and
> base-system topics. I plan on doing much work on gentoo prefix, where I
> have been doing exactly that working with Benda Xu (heroxbd) on the
> "prefix with libc" project.
>
> Outside the technical topics I am quite a fan of card-, board-, and
(Continue reading)

Andreas K. Huettel | 9 Oct 13:44 2013
Picon

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Ruud Koolen (redlizard)

Gefeliciteerd! && welcome! :)

Am Mittwoch 09 Oktober 2013, 08:44:26 schrieb justin:
> Hi all,
>
> it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
> This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.
>
> He is a skilled programmer with knowledge about system and network
> administration, and has deeper interest in theoretical computer science.
>
> On Gentoo he contributed to "RAP" and expressed interest to expand his
> toolchain and base-system work from Prefix to Gentoo in general.
> Hopefully we will see many contributions to come.
>
> This is how he describes himself:
>
> "I am a master student and (hopefully) soon-to-be PhD student of
> computer science and engineering; as such, I am interested in
> theoretical computer science and mathematics, and am doing research in
> formal methods.
>
> On the more down to earth software development level, I enjoy working on
> behind-the-scenes work and base infrastructure, such as toolchain and
> base-system topics. I plan on doing much work on gentoo prefix, where I
> have been doing exactly that working with Benda Xu (heroxbd) on the
> "prefix with libc" project.
>
> Outside the technical topics I am quite a fan of card-, board-, and
(Continue reading)

Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina | 9 Oct 15:54 2013