"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." | 16 Oct 17:53 2013
Picon

New Developer: Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero)

I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero).

He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
additional commits.

Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:

"I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
my favorite distribution ever since."

Please give him a warm welcome!

Paweł

Vladimir Romanov | 16 Oct 18:06 2013
Picon

Re: New Developer: Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero)

Hmmm... I am
1) Like Gentoo too
2) Also work at telecommunication company
3) Also use Gentoo for software development
4) Also chess player (well, not so active now)
5) Also Russian
6) Also translator

Pavel, can you email me about, what software do you develop? May be our company needs it too and we can cooperate?

I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero).

He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
additional commits.

Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:

"I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
my favorite distribution ever since."

Please give him a warm welcome!

Paweł

heroxbd | 17 Oct 04:11 2013

"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr <at> gentoo.org> writes:

> He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
> translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
> Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
> additional commits.
>
> Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:
>
> "I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
> active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
> major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
> software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
> my favorite distribution ever since."

nullishzero, Welcome on board!

The "zero" in your nick drew my attention ;)
Sergey Popov | 17 Oct 09:33 2013

16.10.2013 19:53, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." пишет:
> I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero).
>
> He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
> translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
> Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
> additional commits.
>
> Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:
>
> "I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
> active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
> major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
> software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
> my favorite distribution ever since."
>
> Please give him a warm welcome!

Welcome. Just reassigned net-misc/htpdate to you, no need in proxy
maintainers now ;-).

Best regards, Sergey Popov
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
Gentoo Qt project lead
Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead

IAN DELANEY | 18 Oct 07:17 2013
Picon

Re: New Developer: Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:53:56 -0700
""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr <at> gentoo.org> wrote:

> I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov
> (nullishzero).
>
> He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
> translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
> Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome
> some additional commits.
>
> Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:
>
> "I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a
> pretty active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for
> one of the major telecommunications companies, where I get to use
> Gentoo for software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back,
> and it's been my favorite distribution ever since."
>
> Please give him a warm welcome!
>
> Paweł

hmm I am a desktop user of lxde and I really like it

kind regards

Ian Delaney
Ben de Groot | 19 Oct 17:29 2013

On 16 October 2013 23:53, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero).
>
> He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
> translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
> Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
> additional commits.
>
> Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:
>
> "I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
> active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
> major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
> software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
> my favorite distribution ever since."
>
> Please give him a warm welcome!
>
> Paweł

Welcome!

Since LXDE and Razor-Qt are in the process of merging, I suppose we
should join efforts. I'm planning to add live ebuilds for the newly
merged LXDE-Qt packages to our qt overlay soon-ish.

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer

Pavel Kazakov | 22 Oct 02:21 2013

On 10/19/2013 08:29 AM, Ben de Groot wrote:
> On 16 October 2013 23:53, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero).
>>
>> He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
>> translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
>> Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
>> additional commits.
>>
>> Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:
>>
>> "I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
>> active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
>> major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
>> software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
>> my favorite distribution ever since."
>>
>> Please give him a warm welcome!
>>
>> Paweł
>>
> Welcome!
>
> Since LXDE and Razor-Qt are in the process of merging, I suppose we
> should join efforts. I'm planning to add live ebuilds for the newly
> merged LXDE-Qt packages to our qt overlay soon-ish.

Thanks!

Joining efforts sounds good to me. I've been following the lxde mailing
list, and they've made some really good progress lately. Feel free to
reach out to me if you need help with any tasks.

Regards,
Pavel

Gmane