[Announcement] The 2011R1 Linux development platform for Blackfin is released today.
2011-12-16 09:51:32 GMT
2011R1 Linux development platform release for Blackfin
The 2011R1 Linux development platform for Blackfin is released today. This release includes 2011R1-RC3 Linux distribution, 2011R1-RC4 GNU toolchain and 2011R1-RC5 uboot. The executable images, source code and testing results are now open for download on the blackfin.uclinux.org web server.
High lights in this release:
- Toolchain stays with 4.3. Bin utility updates to 2.21. newlib to 1.9.0.
- Das u-boot updates to 2011.09. Linux kernel to 3.0.8.
- Das u-boot POST hardware testing suites are enabled.
- ADV7183b video-in driver and VS6624 camera driver are converted to kernel V4L2 framework.
- ad1938/ad1836/ssm2603/ad73311/adau1361 ASOC drivers update to new ASOC framework in kernel 3.0.
- USB video camera driver for NOMMU architecture update to 3.0 kernel.
- Inter core communication protocol 1.0 and MCAPI 2.0 library are implemented in Linux on BF561 core A and in bare metal stub on BF561 core B. Sample MCAPI tasks and applications are included in the Linux distribution.
- Busybox updates to 1.18.4.
- ALSA library and utility update to 1.0.24.
For more details of new features and changes, please read the release notes at
Find 2011R1-RC3 Linux distribution source code, bootable images and test results at
Find 2011R1-RC4 toolchain binaries, source code and test results at
Find 2011R1-RC5 uboot source code, bootable images and test results at
Any questions, please send email to respective mailing list or the Analog Devices EngineerZone Communities.
Linux and application issues:
Toolchain and debugging tool issues:
Das u-boot issues:
You can also check out the source code.
svn co http://blackfin.uclinux.org/svn/toolchain/tags/2011R1-RC4 toolchain
svn co http://blackfin.uclinux.org/svn/uclinux-dist/tags/2011R1-RC3 uClinux-dist
git clone git://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/git/linux-kernel
git checkout 2011R1-RC3
git clone git://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/git/u-boot
git checkout 2011R1-RC5
We appreciate your bug report.
Open Platform Solution Team Shanghai
Analog Devices (Shanghai) Inc.
_______________________________________________ Uclinux-dist-devel mailing list Uclinux-dist-devel@... https://blackfin.uclinux.org/mailman/listinfo/uclinux-dist-devel