skulski | 27 Sep 06:52 2010
Picon

u-boot.ldr.hex

resending with CC: u-boot-devel@...

Sorry for leaving it out.

Mike:

> i do not see a wiki page stating that the build outputs a .hex by
> default.  you will need to highlight the exact page & section.

The following page:

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=bootloaders:u-boot:compiling

Near the end it says "will do these steps for you already":

Generating By Hand
If you just have a U-Boot binary file and need to convert it by hand for
whatever reason, he's the appropriate voodoo incantations. Remember that
the U-Boot build system will do these steps for you already!

Well, it does not. That's why I copied the "appropriate voodoo
incantation" to my .h file. The Wiki page might change, and I still will
know how to generate the .hex file which I need for my cable programmer.
It is such a crucial piece of info that I better have it handy!
Mike Frysinger | 27 Sep 07:05 2010
Picon

Re: u-boot.ldr.hex

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 00:52,  <skulski <at> pas.rochester.edu> wrote:
>> i do not see a wiki page stating that the build outputs a .hex by
>> default.  you will need to highlight the exact page & section.
>
> The following page:
>
> http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=bootloaders:u-boot:compiling
>
> Near the end it says "will do these steps for you already":

"do these steps for you" is not the same thing as "generates the files
automatically".  subtle difference.
-mike