Azael Avalos | 14 Jul 23:17 2006
Picon

[tlinux-users:07923] KToshiba a call for help...

Hi there to all

I started coding an application named KToshiba (http://ktoshiba.sourceforge.net/) some time ago to have a fully supported laptop under GNU/Linux and KDE with a "nice" GUI ;-).

Now I want to give "complete" support to the Toshibas using the Phoenix BIOS and the omnibook module.
So far I only have information from a Satellite P15 thanks to Gonzalo Raúl Nemmi.

What I'm asking from all the omnibook users  in this mailing list is to provide me with the keycodes generated from the hotkyes buttons (Fn combinations, multimedia buttons, etc.) as well as other that migh come and produce a keycode, the current keycodes that I have are the following:

Satellite P15
144 - Previous
153 - Play/Pause
160 - Fn-Esc
162 - Next
164 - Stop/Eject
178 - WWW
236 - Console Direct Access
239 - Fn-F6

I know that these keycodes vary from model to model, so It will be nice if I can be provided with more keycodes to improve functionality of KToshiba. The keycodes above are the only ones being monitored so far on KToshiba CVS.

If you like to contribute keycodes, make sure the onetouch buttons are activated in the omnibook module and just open a console and type xev, then press the hotkeys and a keycode will be generated (if any...), then send them to me to my email so we don't flood the mailing list, hehe ;-)

If you like to test KToshiba, just go here http://ktoshiba.sourceforge.net/dload.html and at the bottom are the instructions on how to access the CVS sources, if you find any bugs, report em back to me and I'll try to fix 'em right away since I don't have a Toshiba with Phoenix BIOS

Also, it will be nice if the whole community give it a try to KToshiba CVS, so more features will be added and more bugs discovered

Thanks to you all
Azael Avalos

--
-- El mundo apesta y vosotros apestais tambien --

Timo Hoenig | 15 Jul 00:12 2006
Picon

[tlinux-users:07924] Re: KToshiba a call for help...

Hi Azael,

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 15:17 -0600, Azael Avalos wrote:

> What I'm asking from all the omnibook users  in this mailing list is
> to provide me with the keycodes generated from the hotkyes buttons (Fn
> combinations, multimedia buttons, etc.) as well as other that migh
> come and produce a keycode, the current keycodes that I have are the
> following:
>
> Satellite P15
> 144 - Previous
> 153 - Play/Pause
> 160 - Fn-Esc
> 162 - Next
> 164 - Stop/Eject
> 178 - WWW
> 236 - Console Direct Access
> 239 - Fn-F6

Have a look at the keymap I have created for FnFX [1].  This map should
be pretty complete.

> I know that these keycodes vary from model to model, so It will be
> nice if I can be provided with more keycodes to improve functionality
> of KToshiba. The keycodes above are the only ones being monitored so
> far on KToshiba CVS.

Up to my knowledge the values and their mapping are the same for all
Toshiba laptops.

> Thanks to you all
> Azael Avalos

   Timo

[1] FnFX keymap
    http://fnfx.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/fnfx/fnfx/etc/keymap

Azael Avalos | 15 Jul 00:21 2006
Picon

[tlinux-users:07925] Re: KToshiba a call for help...

Hi there Timo !!!