Bob Bowles | 10 Feb 11:31 2013
Picon

046d:c52b Problems using Logitech Unifying Receiver

bob <at> bobDell:/$ # Launchpad Short Description:
046d:c52b Problems using Logitech Unifying Receiver

bob <at> bobDell:/$ # Launchpad Long Description:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1072082

Commit that caused the regression 534a7b8e10ec55d9f521e68c20dbb3634c25b98a.

I recently purchased a new Logitech K350 keyboard (UK layout) and M505
mouse, both of which use the Logitech Unifying Receiver. I 'paired' the
keyboard and mouse to the receiver by using the proprietary Logitech
'Setpoint' software on a friend's computer running Windows XP. On their
computer, the receiver, keyboard and mouse worked perfectly.

I then moved the receiver to my own computer, a new Dell Inspiron 7520
SE running under Ubuntu 12.04.1. I tried with no success to get the
keyboard and mouse to work by repeatedly unplugging and re-plugging the
receiver, and by re-booting the machine.

I experimented with solutions posted on the web, in particular in this
thread on Ask Ubuntu

(http://askubuntu.com/questions/128345/logitech-m515-does-not-work-after-upgrade-to-12-04/202627#202627).
The accepted answer did not solve my problem.

WORKAROUND:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1072082/+attachment/3415472/+files/mousefix
running this workaround script on the command line enabled the receiver.
(Continue reading)

Julian Calaby | 11 Feb 02:26 2013
Picon

Re: 046d:c52b Problems using Logitech Unifying Receiver

Hi Bob,

This isn't the correct place to ask about this hardware, this is for
wireless devices that use WiFi or bluetooth, not wireless keyboard /
mice solutions. You should ask questions about keyboards and mice on
the linux-input list. (CC'd)

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Bob Bowles <bobjohnbowles@...> wrote:
> bob <at> bobDell:/$ # Launchpad Short Description:
> 046d:c52b Problems using Logitech Unifying Receiver

While I'm familiar with the hardware (I have it working flawlessly on
a couple of my computers) I don't really have any experience debugging
issues with it.

Hopefully someone on the linux-input list will be able to help you.

> bob <at> bobDell:/$ # Launchpad Long Description:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1072082
>
> Commit that caused the regression 534a7b8e10ec55d9f521e68c20dbb3634c25b98a.
>
> I recently purchased a new Logitech K350 keyboard (UK layout) and M505
> mouse, both of which use the Logitech Unifying Receiver. I 'paired' the
> keyboard and mouse to the receiver by using the proprietary Logitech
> 'Setpoint' software on a friend's computer running Windows XP. On their
> computer, the receiver, keyboard and mouse worked perfectly.
>
> I then moved the receiver to my own computer, a new Dell Inspiron 7520 SE
(Continue reading)

Bob Bowles | 11 Feb 10:23 2013
Picon

Re: 046d:c52b Problems using Logitech Unifying Receiver

Hi Julian

Thanks for getting back to me.

Following advice received earlier from Christian Lamparter, I have
already submitted the report to linux-input.

Best Wishes   Bob Bowles