Alexander E. Patrakov | 21 Aug 18:00 2006
Picon

[Fwd: Re: Luit status]

Here is today's conversation between me and Thomas Dickey (the
maintainer of xterm). Possibly it has some consequences for BLFS.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
Picon
From: Thomas Dickey <dickey <at> his.com>
Subject: Re: Luit status
Date: 2006-08-21 10:11:13 GMT
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> today Luit is announced on freshmeat.net, and the link points to
>> http://invisible-island.net/luit/luit.html. However, Xorg comes with its
>> own version of luit,
>> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/app/luit-1.0.1.tar.bz2.
>> What is the relation between those two luits? Isn't it strange that luit is
>> distributed with xorg, and xterm isn't?
>
> The version on my website has fixes that the Xorg hackers have overlooked for
> the past couple of years.  While it has a configure script that wasn't in the
(Continue reading)

DJ Lucas | 22 Aug 04:27 2006

Re: [Fwd: Re: Luit status]

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Here is today's conversation between me and Thomas Dickey (the
> maintainer of xterm). Possibly it has some consequences for BLFS.

Without looking too long, I think this is probably much for the better!
 It's why he still has xterm after 20? years (I don't recall how long
and didn't take time to find it on his site).  It might mean an
additional note/link in BLFS and a change of luit's location, but should
not be viewed as a bad thing (consequence usually implies 'bad' to me).

-- DJ Lucas