Peter P. Geremia | 28 Dec 02:40 2011
Picon

Canon CP-600

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.

The Canon CP-600 is not working with OS X Lion at this time.

I thought I read somewhere that it is fixed in 5.2.8.  But currently no dmg is available for this as of yet for
the pre1 version.

I did build it on my Mac, but the install does not look like it is correct, so I did not "make install"

1.  Does anyone know if the CP-600 is really fixed with 5.2.8
2.  If it is fixed, where can I get a .dmg package OR instructions to build the .dmg package.

Thanks for your help.

Pete Geremia
Write once. Port to many.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-appdev
Matt Broughton | 28 Dec 03:23 2011

Re: Canon CP-600

On Dec 27, 2011, at 7:40 PM, Peter P. Geremia wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.
>
> The Canon CP-600 is not working with OS X Lion at this time.
>
> I thought I read somewhere that it is fixed in 5.2.8.  But currently no dmg is available for this as of yet for
the pre1 version.

> I did build it on my Mac, but the install does not look like it is correct, so I did not "make install"
>
> 1.  Does anyone know if the CP-600 is really fixed with 5.2.8
> 2.  If it is fixed, where can I get a .dmg package OR instructions to build the .dmg package.

The Mac OS X installer always lags the source code release by a few days.  I hope to have it posted by late tomorrow.

The Canon SELPHY CP-600 was not fixed in 5.2.8-pre1 to the best of my knowledge.  I do see that it was not
deleted from the available printers, but I think that was just an oversight.   There is a CUPS bug report
<http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3979> that indicates this printer need special communications
protocol.

--
Matt Broughton