Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 5 Mar 17:06 2012
Picon

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Hi All,

I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
FUDCon KL 2012.

FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
and we need a logo :)

Some design elements ideas:

     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch

The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
quite urgent.

Thanks!!!

Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/220

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
(Continue reading)

Buddhika Kurera | 5 Mar 18:10 2012

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
> FUDCon KL 2012.
>
> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
> and we need a logo :)
>
> Some design elements ideas:
>
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>
> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
> quite urgent.
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/220

Dear Izhar,

I ll be gladly take this task, I am thinking of a logo based on twin towers.
I think that would be the idea landmark everybody will recognize.(any comments?)
I ll forward some mocks by the end of this weekend.
(Continue reading)

Máirín Duffy | 5 Mar 19:10 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:40 +0530, Buddhika Kurera wrote:
> I ll be gladly take this task, I am thinking of a logo based on twin towers.
> I think that would be the idea landmark everybody will recognize.(any comments?)
> I ll forward some mocks by the end of this weekend.

I would advise with a short timeline to keep it simple and just do a
basic Fudcon logo without the towers.

> Then we can look for t-shirts and other stuffs.

If you have more time for the T-shirts, the twin towers might be a good
design element there. Make sure to use CC / freely-licensed photography
as the reference.

~m

S.Kemter | 5 Mar 19:20 2012
Picon

Am Montag, 5. März 2012, 19:10:09 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:40 +0530, Buddhika Kurera wrote:
> > I ll be gladly take this task, I am thinking of a logo based on twin
> > towers. I think that would be the idea landmark everybody will
> > recognize.(any comments?) I ll forward some mocks by the end of this
> > weekend.
>
> I would advise with a short timeline to keep it simple and just do a
> basic Fudcon logo without the towers.
>
> > Then we can look for t-shirts and other stuffs.
>
> If you have more time for the T-shirts, the twin towers might be a good
> design element there. Make sure to use CC / freely-licensed photography
> as the reference.

think the tiger would be the nicer idea, you can do more with it. You even can
create something abstract.

br gnokii

> ~m

Buddhike Kurera | 8 Mar 07:25 2012

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
> FUDCon KL 2012.
>
> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
> and we need a logo :)
>
> Some design elements ideas:
>
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>
> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
> quite urgent.
>
> Thanks!!!

Hello Team,

I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

(Continue reading)

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 8 Mar 07:47 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera <at> fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

+1 :D

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
Suchakra | 8 Mar 13:02 2012

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Hi,

> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

Nice design but a vectorized perspective view of just the Petronas
towers (somewhat like [1]) and not the skyline over the leaf part of
logo would seem more iconic. Anyways, thats just a personal opinion
though.

Also, I'll try to help you with web buttons as soon as I can.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Petronas_Panorama_II.jpg

Suchakra
Naveed Ahmed | 12 Mar 08:48 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

What about just using the section of the towers with just the Skybirdge and above?

Regards,
Naveed

> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

Nice design but a vectorized perspective view of just the Petronas
towers (somewhat like [1]) and not the skyline over the leaf part of
logo would seem more iconic. Anyways, thats just a personal opinion
though.

Also, I'll try to help you with web buttons as soon as I can.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Petronas_Panorama_II.jpg

Suchakra
S.Kemter | 12 Mar 09:25 2012
Picon

Am Montag, 12. März 2012, 08:48:42 schrieb Naveed Ahmed:
> What about just using the section of the towers with just the Skybirdge and
> above?

me is working also on something, right now it looks so:

http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl.png

but I am absolutly unhappy with the postion of the tiger

br gnokii

Suchakra | 12 Mar 13:33 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Wow! Looks nice. Fits the mood (I think!) I think a small tiger would just make this perfect. On lighter background, a grey tiger will do good too.

On Mar 12, 2012 1:55 PM, "S.Kemter" <buergermeister <at> karl-tux-stadt.de> wrote:
Am Montag, 12. März 2012, 08:48:42 schrieb Naveed Ahmed:
> What about just using the section of the towers with just the Skybirdge and
> above?

me is working also on something, right now it looks so:

http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl.png

but I am absolutly unhappy with the postion of the tiger

br gnokii

Naveed Ahmed | 12 Mar 13:54 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

The tiger is dominating too much in the current design. A smaller sized tiger might look better.

Just a question here. Is the current tiger design of some cultural importance or something you came up with?

Regards,
Naveed

Wow! Looks nice. Fits the mood (I think!) I think a small tiger would just make this perfect. On lighter background, a grey tiger will do good too.
On Mar 12, 2012 1:55 PM, "S.Kemter" <buergermeister <at> karl-tux-stadt.de> wrote:
Am Montag, 12. März 2012, 08:48:42 schrieb Naveed Ahmed:
> What about just using the section of the towers with just the Skybirdge and
> above?

me is working also on something, right now it looks so:

http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl.png

but I am absolutly unhappy with the postion of the tiger

br gnokii

S.Kemter | 12 Mar 14:07 2012
Picon

Am Montag, 12. März 2012, 13:54:34 schrieb Naveed Ahmed:
> The tiger is dominating too much in the current design. A smaller sized
> tiger might look better.
>
> Just a question here. Is the current tiger design of some cultural
> importance or something you came up with?

Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia, isnt? So Malaysia has the malayan
tiger in his coat of arms.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/2/26/Coat_of_arms_of_Malaysia.svg

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/endangered_species/tigers/about_tigers/malayan_tiger/

and of course the malyan tiger is a part in the malayan culture ;)

br gnokii

> Regards,
> Naveed

Máirín Duffy | 12 Mar 15:29 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 18:03 +0530, Suchakra wrote:
> Wow! Looks nice. Fits the mood (I think!) I think a small tiger would
> just make this perfect. On lighter background, a grey tiger will do
> good too.

Really loving this. I agree with the other comments on the scale - it
needs to be tweaked a bit, but I think it's a beautiful design overall
and I like how it gives us an idea of the Malay culture.

I wonder if it would work to mirror the tiger vertically, then, remove
the circle by his hips and place that area under the FUDcon mark - I
don't know if it would interfere because they are the same color. Maybe
use dark Fedora blue for the tiger for a bit of contrast there. But if
you could get the hip position of the tiger aligned with FUDcon mark,
then it seems the body of the tiger will kind of follow the line of the
logotype?

~m

S.Kemter | 12 Mar 15:48 2012
Picon

Am Montag, 12. März 2012, 15:29:55 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 18:03 +0530, Suchakra wrote:
> > Wow! Looks nice. Fits the mood (I think!) I think a small tiger would
> > just make this perfect. On lighter background, a grey tiger will do
> > good too.
>
> Really loving this. I agree with the other comments on the scale - it
> needs to be tweaked a bit, but I think it's a beautiful design overall
> and I like how it gives us an idea of the Malay culture.
>
> I wonder if it would work to mirror the tiger vertically, then, remove
> the circle by his hips and place that area under the FUDcon mark -
> don't know if it would interfere because they are the same color. Maybe
> use dark Fedora blue for the tiger for a bit of contrast there. But if
> you could get the hip position of the tiger aligned with FUDcon mark,
> then it seems the body of the tiger will kind of follow the line of the
> logotype?

like this?
http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl2.png

br gnokii

> ~m

Máirín Duffy | 12 Mar 16:40 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 15:48 +0100, S.Kemter wrote:
> like this?
> http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl2.png

Ha! You got it! I think it works!! What do you think?

~m

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 12 Mar 16:40 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM, S.Kemter
<buergermeister <at> karl-tux-stadt.de> wrote:

> like this?
> http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl2.png

cool

erm .. how about a variation where the tiger is in offence mode ? ..
as it usually associated with strength & bravery

https://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+tiger+logo&tbm=isch

> br gnokii
>

>> ~m

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
Suchakra | 13 Mar 04:22 2012

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Hey,

>> http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl2.png

Can you put up the source for that so I can try out some stuff too?

Suchakra
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 14 Mar 17:07 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

hi all,

I got suggested another design which y'all might want to also consider.

https://www.google.com.my/search?q=wau+bulan&tbm

btw.. we're planning to put a final decision on which logo to pick
around 20th may ..

thanks!! :D

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Suchakra <suchakra <at> fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
>>> http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl2.png
>
> Can you put up the source for that so I can try out some stuff too?
>
> Suchakra

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
Robyn Bergeron | 14 Mar 17:30 2012
Picon

On 03/14/2012 09:07 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I got suggested another design which y'all might want to also consider.
>
> https://www.google.com.my/search?q=wau+bulan&tbm
>
> btw.. we're planning to put a final decision on which logo to pick
> around 20th may ..
20th April? :)
> thanks!! :D
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Suchakra<suchakra <at> fedoraproject.org>  wrote:
>> Hey,

>> Can you put up the source for that so I can try out some stuff too?
>>
>> Suchakra
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 14 Mar 17:36 2012
Picon

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero <at> redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 09:07 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
>>
>> hi all,
>>
>> I got suggested another design which y'all might want to also consider.
>>
>> https://www.google.com.my/search?q=wau+bulan&tbm
>>
>> btw.. we're planning to put a final decision on which logo to pick
>> around 20th may ..
>
> 20th April? :)

ooopss ... 20th _march_ XD , .. sorry >.<

we're planning to launch the site on that date, and start heavy promotion

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
S.Kemter | 14 Mar 17:54 2012
Picon

Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012, 17:36:12 schrieb Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero <at> redhat.com>
wrote:
> > On 03/14/2012 09:07 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
> >> hi all,
> >>
> >> I got suggested another design which y'all might want to also consider.
> >>
> >> https://www.google.com.my/search?q=wau+bulan&tbm
> >>
> >> btw.. we're planning to put a final decision on which logo to pick
> >> around 20th may ..
> >
> > 20th April? :)
>
> ooopss ... 20th _march_ XD , .. sorry >.<
>
> we're planning to launch the site on that date, and start heavy promotion

mmh, sorry but then the 20th of march would be to late for decision which logo
design you want to use. There are maybe some parts to do for the pages, and
giving the designer some hours to do that would be nice or ;)

br gnokii
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 14 Mar 18:06 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM, S.Kemter
<buergermeister <at> karl-tux-stadt.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012, 17:36:12 schrieb Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero <at> redhat.com>
> wrote:

>> > 20th April? :)
>>
>> ooopss ... 20th _march_ XD , .. sorry >.<
>>
>> we're planning to launch the site on that date, and start heavy promotion
>
> mmh, sorry but then the 20th of march would be to late for decision which logo
> design you want to use. There are maybe some parts to do for the pages, and
> giving the designer some hours to do that would be nice or ;)

currently we're going for a clean quick design for the page, its here:
http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite/ .. and i'm only thinking of
replacing that logo there :)

of course if theres anybody want to suggest improvements, feel free :)
..i'm ok with releasing improvements incrementally..

maybe get the system up and running by 20th, with maybe at most, up to
4 days delay ... event is rather near afterall, and after 20th, we're
down to less than 2 months mark :-)

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
Uditha Bandara Wijerathna | 14 Mar 18:37 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Kagesenshi, nice site. :) I have a small suggestion, Can you register a dedicated domain like [1] for the event? I don't think it'll be a waste. Because we can use it again for another FUDCon like this. I checked the availability of [1] with [2] and it shows [1] is available. As stated in this page [3] ,For a TLD, I think it'll cost around RM 120.00 . :)

All these are just suggestions, you can decide whether it should put in to action or not. :)
And btw the FUDCon logo with the tiger looks pretty nice to me. Great work guys.

- udinnet

currently we're going for a clean quick design for the page, its here:
http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite/ .. and i'm only thinking of
replacing that logo there :)

of course if theres anybody want to suggest improvements, feel free :)
..i'm ok with releasing improvements incrementally..

maybe get the system up and running by 20th, with maybe at most, up to
4 days delay ... event is rather near afterall, and after 20th, we're
down to less than 2 months mark :-)

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna -
- Ambassador - Fedora Project for Sri Lanka & APAC -

IRC: udinnet  |     Email: udinnet <at> fedoraproject.org

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail | 15 Mar 02:05 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna
<udithabnd <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Kagesenshi, nice site. :) I have a small suggestion, Can you register a
> dedicated domain like [1] for the event? I don't think it'll be a waste.
> Because we can use it again for another FUDCon like this. I checked the
> availability of [1] with [2] and it shows [1] is available. As stated in
> this page [3] ,For a TLD, I think it'll cost around RM 120.00 . :)

whats wrong with fudcon.fedoraproject.org ? :-) ,

I dont want to register fudcon.my because , well, ain't we're cycling
the event around APAC? :-) . So it'll take a few years more before
i'll bid for KL again :-)

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331
Uditha Bandara Wijerathna | 15 Mar 03:59 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

That is fine. I thought according to the way which FUDCon Pune site launched. There we had a fudcon.in domain. :)
I know the bid is cycling. :) But eventually you'll get another chance. That is what I meant. :)  . Will see you at the meeting. We really appreciate your and the MY team's effort regarding FUDCon.

Regards
- udinnet

--

- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna -
- Ambassador - Fedora Project for Sri Lanka & APAC -

Email: udinnet <at> fedoraproject.org

Uditha Bandara Wijerathna | 14 Mar 18:40 2012
Picon

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

ohh my bad.. forgot to post the links for the above mail. Sorry

here you go..

[1] fudcon.my
[2] http://www.domainregistry.my/en
[3] http://www.domainregistry.my/en/feeschedule.php

- udinnet

- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna -
- Ambassador - Fedora Project for Sri Lanka & APAC -

IRC: udinnet  |     Email: udinnet <at> fedoraproject.org
Buddhike Kurera | 18 Mar 16:34 2012

Re: FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera <at> fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
> <kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
>> FUDCon KL 2012.
>>
>> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
>> and we need a logo :)
>>
>> Some design elements ideas:
>>
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>>
>> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
>> quite urgent.
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>
> Hello Team,
>
> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

I did some modifications to the logo I have created earlier.
Adding some fireworks.

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/116

Earlier one can be found at

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

What I wanted to do is remind the firework concept (associated with
the F17 wallpaper).
The FUDcon and the F17 launch will be in same days(month may be)
So i think adding fireworks is nice and suitable.

I followed the Gnokii's way when creating fireworks, but the positions
are not good as I think.
When using one color it is hard to manage them anyway.
Any help is welcome, make it nice.

PS: I really like the gnokii's tiger as well. I am done with my idea.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event Liaison - Design Team

Email: bckurera <at> fedoraproject.org | IRC: bckurera