JD | 25 Aug 07:11 2010
Picon

Heads up re: Users of RalinkTech Chipsets

  Hi All,
Kernel 2.6.35 now supports
RT2860
RT2870
RT2872
RT2883
RT3070
RT3071
RT3090
RT3390
RT3572

The device will be wlan0 instead of ra0

I just downloaded
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.35.3.tar.bz2
and built it and booted it.
It found my Ralink 2860 based mini-pci and
all is super-well.

You will need to modify your /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant
and replace ra0  with wlan0

Once you do that, you will need to System->Administration->Network
and activate wlan0, and save it.

That should create the ifcfg-wlan0 file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
and should also create hard links to it in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices
and in  /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default
(unless of course these links are no longer needed).
(Continue reading)

agraham | 7 Sep 01:00 2010
Picon

Re: Heads up re: Users of RalinkTech Chipsets

JD,

Does it work in Wireless N mode ?

Thanks.

On 08/25/2010 06:11 AM, JD wrote:
>    Hi All,
> Kernel 2.6.35 now supports
> RT2860
> RT2870
> RT2872
> RT2883
> RT3070
> RT3071
> RT3090
> RT3390
> RT3572
>
> The device will be wlan0 instead of ra0
>
> I just downloaded
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.35.3.tar.bz2
> and built it and booted it.
> It found my Ralink 2860 based mini-pci and
> all is super-well.
>
> You will need to modify your /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant
> and replace ra0  with wlan0

(Continue reading)

JD | 7 Sep 03:06 2010