Bruno Wolff III | 16 Jan 22:03 2012
Picon

SDL in build system issue

I am having trouble rebuilding a couple of packages that use SDL in
koji, but they build OK at home.

Did something change recently with SDL that would have needed something
added to buildrequires?

Michael Schwendt | 16 Jan 22:19 2012
Picon

Re: SDL in build system issue

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:03:26 -0600, BWI (Bruno) wrote:

> I am having trouble rebuilding a couple of packages that use SDL in
> koji, but they build OK at home.
>
> Did something change recently with SDL that would have needed something
> added to buildrequires?

Even if an SDL* maintainer happens to read this, you could

 - link the koji build log you refer to ("lordsawar" I guess)

 - look up SDL* latest build in koji and its changelog

And for the lordsawar build failure, it's possible to "cat config.log"
when %configure exits with failure return code.

Bruno Wolff III | 16 Jan 23:06 2012
Picon

Re: SDL in build system issue

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 22:19:57 +0100,
  Michael Schwendt <mschwendt <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:03:26 -0600, BWI (Bruno) wrote:
>
> > I am having trouble rebuilding a couple of packages that use SDL in
> > koji, but they build OK at home.
> >
> > Did something change recently with SDL that would have needed something
> > added to buildrequires?
>
> Even if an SDL* maintainer happens to read this, you could

I wasn't sure it had directly to do with SDL. It could easily be autotools
or gcc related. I have recently (after gcc 4.7) successfully built stuff
(hedgewars) that used gcc. But hedgewars uses cmake instead of autotools.
Also the fact that it builds on my rawhide system suggests that either
a build broke things today or that something else needs to get installed
in the mock instance.

>  - link the koji build log you refer to ("lordsawar" I guess)

Both lordsawar and sear.

>  - look up SDL* latest build in koji and its changelog

I started taking a quick look for new SDL* builds, but with the mass rebuild
it was harder to do a real quick check. (Normally I'd just look for any
s* builds.)
(Continue reading)

Bruno Wolff III | 16 Jan 23:37 2012
Picon

Re: SDL in build system issue

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 15:03:26 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno <at> wolff.to> wrote:
> I am having trouble rebuilding a couple of packages that use SDL in
> koji, but they build OK at home.
>
> Did something change recently with SDL that would have needed something
> added to buildrequires?

The error message in the configure test for SDL is:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.7.0/../../../libSDL.so: undefined reference to `_XGetRequest'

I was seeing this after the 4.7 mass rebuild was retagged into rawhide. So
it may be there was a problem with the SDL rebuild. That would explain why
I not not seeing it at home. That should be easy to test and then I may have
enough inof to file a bug report against something.

Bruno Wolff III | 17 Jan 00:12 2012
Picon

Re: SDL in build system issue

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 16:37:48 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno <at> wolff.to> wrote:

> I was seeing this after the 4.7 mass rebuild was retagged into rawhide. So
> it may be there was a problem with the SDL rebuild. That would explain why
> I not not seeing it at home. That should be easy to test and then I may have
> enough inof to file a bug report against something.

I ahve confirmed there is an issue with the mas rebuild build for SDL and
have filed bug 782251 for this issue.

Michael Schwendt | 17 Jan 08:06 2012
Picon

Re: SDL in build system issue

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:37:48 -0600, BWI (Bruno) wrote:

> The error message in the configure test for SDL is:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.7.0/../../../libSDL.so: undefined reference to `_XGetRequest'

That's a libX11 symbol. SDL accesses several X headers, but doesn't link
with any X library, however.

Bruno Wolff III | 17 Jan 17:47 2012
Picon

Re: SDL in build system issue

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 15:03:26 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno <at> wolff.to> wrote:
> I am having trouble rebuilding a couple of packages that use SDL in
> koji, but they build OK at home.

Petr Pisar fixed this this morning.