James Antill | 17 Dec 15:36 2012

Re: yum-complete-transaction loops...

Morgan Read <mstuff <at> read.org.nz> writes:

> Hello yummies
>
> Running f16, 3.6.6-1.fc16.x86_64
>
> Yum (via "Software Updates") crashed out on me and asked me to clean up
> with yum-complete-transaction as root.
>
> Now when I run "Software Updates" I get msg:
> There are unfinished transactions remaining. Please run
> yum-complete-transaction as root.
>
> But, yum-complete-transaction goes into a loop...
[...]
> yum update provides:
> # yum update
[...]
> ** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
> imsettings-libs-1.2.9-4.fc16.x86_64 is a duplicate with
> imsettings-libs-1.2.9-1.fc16.x86_64

 Just "yum remove" one of these, is probably the easiest fix.

> http://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJZblFBTXZ1YlBOTzhUQw

 Not sure, it looks like it's trying to delete almost everything and
so will fail anyway. Not sure why it's looping though, something to do
with the running kernel it looks like.

(Continue reading)

Morgan Read | 18 Dec 11:53 2012
Picon