lee jones | 16 Oct 23:32 2011
Picon

ARMed slack on the Efika MX smartbook update

Hello again!

After doing a *lot* of research and I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but I've now managed to get X to work just a little faster on the efika mx smartbook. After posting on another forum, the key was to stop using the older version of pixman armedslack uses and use the latest version, 0.23.6 (I think armedslack 13.1's is 0.16.x). This works fairly well -- mozilla is usable (though it does "pause" while it is doing something) I could even play a video and use it! Only snag is that this comes at a lot higher CPU usage.

http://andy29uk.no-ip.org/www/ is where I've put the files. Though I've not updated the files there with the newer pixman yet.

One thing which would really be useful is trying to get KDE 3.5 to run on armedslack but there dosen't seem to be any packages yet x.x !

ljones

Ottavio | 17 Oct 00:17 2011
Picon

Re: ARMed slack on the Efika MX smartbook update

On 16 October 2011 22:32, lee jones <slothpuck <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> After doing a *lot* of research and I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not
> but I've now managed to get X to work just a little faster on the efika mx
> smartbook. After posting on another forum, the key was to stop using the
> older version of pixman armedslack uses and use the latest version, 0.23.6
> (I think armedslack 13.1's is 0.16.x). This works fairly well -- mozilla is
> usable (though it does "pause" while it is doing something) I could even
> play a video and use it! Only snag is that this comes at a lot higher CPU
> usage.
>
> http://andy29uk.no-ip.org/www/ is where I've put the files. Though I've not
> updated the files there with the newer pixman yet.
>
> One thing which would really be useful is trying to get KDE 3.5 to run on
> armedslack but there dosen't seem to be any packages yet x.x !

But you don't say how you have updated pixman. Have you used a
slackbuild (which by the way I couldn't find) or have you installed a
binary and where did you get it from (--current is on pixman-0.20.2)?

Ottavio

Andrzej Telszewski | 17 Oct 13:39 2011

On 10/17/2011 12:17 AM, Ottavio wrote:
> Have you used a
> slackbuild (which by the way I couldn't find)
There is only one SlackBuild for the whole X series packages (just like
it is probably going to be for KDE in the next Slackware release). It is
x11.SlackBuild under source/x/x11. Calling the SlackBuild directly will
build the whole X, and to build single package, you need to specify its
location and name, e.g.:
* ./x11.SlackBuild driver xf86-video-intel
* ./x11.SlackBuild lib pixman

Pozdrawiam,
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski
Ottavio | 17 Oct 14:54 2011

On 17 October 2011 12:39, Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> There is only one SlackBuild for the whole X series packages (just like
> it is probably going to be for KDE in the next Slackware release). It is
> x11.SlackBuild under source/x/x11. Calling the SlackBuild directly will
> build the whole X, and to build single package, you need to specify its
> location and name, e.g.:
> * ./x11.SlackBuild driver xf86-video-intel
> * ./x11.SlackBuild lib pixman

cool...

Ottavio

lee jones | 17 Oct 20:08 2011
Picon

Re: ARMed slack on the Efika MX smartbook update

But you don't say how you have updated pixman. Have you used a
slackbuild (which by the way I couldn't find) or have you installed a
binary and where did you get it from (--current is on pixman-0.20.2)?

I removed the pixman package from armedslack, downloaded the source and installed it. Got the source from here;

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/

The compiling process seemed to work fine with no errors :) .

ljones