free-choice@libero.it | 9 Feb 10:37 2012
Picon

Irssi issue on ARM Cortex A9

Using the official irssi package on my Toshiba AC100 I get the error message: "error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.".

Libperl.so is not present on the system (I just have libperl.a in /usr/lib/perl5.../CORE).

The solution is to download, compile and install irssi from source code.

Maybe the official package doesn't work everywhere.

Some Toshiba AC100 hardware specifications:

- nVidia Tegra 250 processor (nVidia Tegra 2 serie) that has a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 CPU, 1.0 GHz frequency for core

- 512 MB ram

Stuart Winter | 9 Feb 10:46 2012
Picon

Re: Irssi issue on ARM Cortex A9

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, free-choice <at> libero.it wrote:

> Using the official irssi package on my Toshiba AC100 I get the error
> message: "error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open
> shared object file:  No such file or directory.".Libperl.so is not
> present on the system (I just have libperl.a in /usr/lib/perl5.../CORE).
> The solution is to download, compile and install irssi from source
> code.Maybe the official package doesn't work everywhere.

The package works everywhere - I tried it on Slackware ARM 13.37 and
-current.

What version of Slackware ARM are you using?
I suspect for some reason your libperl.so has been wiped.

On -current:

root <at> dodot:~# grep libperl.so /var/log/packages/*
/var/log/packages/perl-5.14.0-arm-2:usr/lib/perl5/CORE/libperl.so
root <at> dodot:~# ls -la /usr/lib/perl5/CORE/libperl.so
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1396404 Dec 16 23:11
/usr/lib/perl5/CORE/libperl.so*
root <at> dodot:~#

Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org
John O'Donnell | 9 Feb 12:02 2012
Picon

Re: Irssi issue on ARM Cortex A9

I just logged into my plug and irssi wasn't installed.  I installed it from -current and it works fine for me. I got logged into an irc server.

John