Richard Scott Smith | 3 Dec 18:41 2010
Picon

Chromium

Are there any known issues with the Chromium Slackbuild on 32 bit 
Slackware?  I had no problems with the 64 bit version, but I have only 
one 32 bit machine and it is puking.  I don't use the box much so it 
might be my problem.

scott

Erik Hanson | 3 Dec 18:57 2010

Re: Chromium

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:41:41 -0700
Richard Scott Smith <pilbender@...> wrote:

> Are there any known issues with the Chromium Slackbuild on 32 bit 
> Slackware?  I had no problems with the 64 bit version, but I have
> only one 32 bit machine and it is puking.  I don't use the box much
> so it might be my problem.

You might need to add -Ddisable_sse2=1 to the configuration section, if
your 32bit machine doesn't have sse2. Otherwise, "puking" isn't enough
to go on..

-- 
Erik Hanson
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:41:41 -0700
Richard Scott Smith <pilbender@...> wrote:

> Are there any known issues with the Chromium Slackbuild on 32 bit 
> Slackware?  I had no problems with the 64 bit version, but I have
> only one 32 bit machine and it is puking.  I don't use the box much
> so it might be my problem.

You might need to add -Ddisable_sse2=1 to the configuration section, if
your 32bit machine doesn't have sse2. Otherwise, "puking" isn't enough
to go on..

--

-- 
Erik Hanson
(Continue reading)

Richard Scott Smith | 3 Dec 23:10 2010
Picon

Re: Chromium

Erik,
   It sure was enough to go on.  That was it.  You nailed it!  The 32 
bit build worked fine now.

    Should that maybe be added to the dependencies listed for that 
Slackbuild?  Or at least a check added for it in the build itself?  Or 
did I just miss some other documentation in my sloppiness.

scott

On 12/03/2010 10:57 AM, Erik Hanson wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:41:41 -0700
> Richard Scott Smith<pilbender@...>  wrote:
>
>> Are there any known issues with the Chromium Slackbuild on 32 bit
>> Slackware?  I had no problems with the 64 bit version, but I have
>> only one 32 bit machine and it is puking.  I don't use the box much
>> so it might be my problem.
>
> You might need to add -Ddisable_sse2=1 to the configuration section, if
> your 32bit machine doesn't have sse2. Otherwise, "puking" isn't enough
> to go on..
>
>
>

Erik Hanson | 4 Dec 03:17 2010

Re: Chromium

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 15:10:25 -0700
Richard Scott Smith <pilbender@...> wrote:

> Erik,
>    It sure was enough to go on.  That was it.  You nailed it!  The 32 
> bit build worked fine now.
> 
>     Should that maybe be added to the dependencies listed for that 
> Slackbuild?  Or at least a check added for it in the build itself?
> Or did I just miss some other documentation in my sloppiness.
> 

It has come up a couple times on IRC, so no it isn't documented
anywhere but it probably should be. My suggestion would be to add
-Ddisable_sse2=${NO_SSE2:-0} to the script and a note in the README
on how to check for and enable if necessary.

cc'ing maintainer

--

-- 
Erik Hanson

> On 12/03/2010 10:57 AM, Erik Hanson wrote:
> > On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:41:41 -0700
> > Richard Scott Smith<pilbender@...>  wrote:
> >
> >> Are there any known issues with the Chromium Slackbuild on 32 bit
> >> Slackware?  I had no problems with the 64 bit version, but I have
> >> only one 32 bit machine and it is puking.  I don't use the box much
> >> so it might be my problem.
(Continue reading)


Gmane