Heinz Wiesinger | 6 Mar 13:33 2011
Picon

nvidia SlackBuilds EOL

Hey guys,

I'd like to announce that I will no longer maintain the nvidia set of SlackBuilds with the next Slackware release. I've switched to nouveau completely and it fulfills all my needs.

If someone else wants to take over those scripts, feel free to do so. I gladly offer advise on their maintenance as well.

The scripts affected by this:

system/nvidia-driver

system/nvidia-kernel

system/nvidia-legacy96-driver

system/nvidia-legacy96-kernel

system/nvidia-legacy173-driver

system/nvidia-legacy173-kernel

libraries/libvdpau

misc/vdpauinfo

Grs,

Heinz

King Beowulf | 7 Mar 19:12 2011
Picon

Re: nvidia SlackBuilds EOL

I'll take them on. I need to volunteer more time to Slackware anyway.
 Also I and no doubt others would prefer nvidia for certain gaming
performance.

So sign me up!

-Ed

On 3/6/11, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut@...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'd like to announce that I will no longer maintain the nvidia set of
> SlackBuilds with the next Slackware release. I've switched to nouveau
> completely and it fulfills all my needs.
>
> If someone else wants to take over those scripts, feel free to do so. I
> gladly
> offer advise on their maintenance as well.
>
> The scripts affected by this:
>   system/nvidia-driver
>   system/nvidia-kernel
>   system/nvidia-legacy96-driver
>   system/nvidia-legacy96-kernel
>   system/nvidia-legacy173-driver
>   system/nvidia-legacy173-kernel
>   libraries/libvdpau
>   misc/vdpauinfo
>
> Grs,
> Heinz

Sent from my mobile device

You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
Heinz Wiesinger | 7 Mar 23:20 2011
Picon

Re: nvidia SlackBuilds EOL

On Monday 07 March 2011 19:12:06 King Beowulf wrote:

> On 3/6/11, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut-mrRB/RZTZYXk7+2FdBfRIA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Hey guys,

> > I'd like to announce that I will no longer maintain the nvidia set of

> > SlackBuilds with the next Slackware release. I've switched to nouveau

> > completely and it fulfills all my needs.

> > If someone else wants to take over those scripts, feel free to do so. I

> > gladly

> > offer advise on their maintenance as well.

> > The scripts affected by this:

> > system/nvidia-driver

> > system/nvidia-kernel

> > system/nvidia-legacy96-driver

> > system/nvidia-legacy96-kernel

> > system/nvidia-legacy173-driver

> > system/nvidia-legacy173-kernel

> > libraries/libvdpau

> > misc/vdpauinfo

> I'll take them on. I need to volunteer more time to Slackware anyway.

> Also I and no doubt others would prefer nvidia for certain gaming

> performance.

> So sign me up!

Great!

Could you please send tarballs with updated maintainer information to either me or slackbuilds-devel?

I'll take care of it as soon as possible, as long as an other admin doesn't beat me to it :)

Grs,

Heinz

King Beowulf | 8 Mar 02:54 2011
Picon

Re: nvidia SlackBuilds EOL

As soon as I get back to the homestead I'll whip the maintainer
tarballs over to you.  Traveling for work with a *gasp* WinXP laptop,
so it'll  be a few days since I forgot to open a port for ssh on my
router before I left. Silly me.

Ed

On 3/7/11, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut@...> wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2011 19:12:06 King Beowulf wrote:
>> On 3/6/11, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut@...> wrote:
>> > Hey guys,
>> >
>> > I'd like to announce that I will no longer maintain the nvidia set of
>> > SlackBuilds with the next Slackware release. I've switched to nouveau
>> > completely and it fulfills all my needs.
>> >
>> > If someone else wants to take over those scripts, feel free to do so. I
>> > gladly
>> > offer advise on their maintenance as well.
>> >
>> > The scripts affected by this:
>> >   system/nvidia-driver
>> >   system/nvidia-kernel
>> >   system/nvidia-legacy96-driver
>> >   system/nvidia-legacy96-kernel
>> >   system/nvidia-legacy173-driver
>> >   system/nvidia-legacy173-kernel
>> >   libraries/libvdpau
>> >   misc/vdpauinfo
>>
>> I'll take them on. I need to volunteer more time to Slackware anyway.
>>  Also I and no doubt others would prefer nvidia for certain gaming
>> performance.
>>
>> So sign me up!
>
> Great!
>
> Could you please send tarballs with updated maintainer information to either
> me or slackbuilds-devel?
> I'll take care of it as soon as possible, as long as an other admin doesn't
> beat me to it :)
>
> Grs,
> Heinz

Sent from my mobile device

You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
Alan | 8 Mar 01:48 2011
Picon

Re: nvidia SlackBuilds EOL