Marco Bonetti | 18 Mar 15:59 2011
Picon

Puppet (and more!) for Slackware

Hello all,
I'm working on a complete puppet setup for Slackware. I'm going to
submit my work to SlackBuilds.org, however it will not happen soon as
puppet still requires ruby 1.8, so I had to prepare a workaround for this.
In the meanwhile, may I ask to reserve these values:

puppet
=======
User:	puppet	UID: 249	GID: 249
Group:	puppet			GID: 249

this will greatly help me so I will not have to chase any changes to
http://slackbuilds.org/uid_gid.txt

If you are interested in the project, you will be able to track changes
and contribute over at https://github.com/sid77/puppet-slackware

Thanks!

Marco Bonetti
Tor research and other stuff: http://sid77.slackware.it/
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://workaround.ch/
Linux-live for powerpc: http://workaround.ch/pub/rsync/mb/linux-live/

My GnuPG key id: 0x0B60BC5F
Niels Horn | 18 Mar 16:11 2011
Picon

Re: Puppet (and more!) for Slackware

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Marco Bonetti <sid77@...> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm working on a complete puppet setup for Slackware. I'm going to
> submit my work to SlackBuilds.org, however it will not happen soon as
> puppet still requires ruby 1.8, so I had to prepare a workaround for this.
> In the meanwhile, may I ask to reserve these values:
>
> puppet
> =======
> User:   puppet  UID: 249        GID: 249
> Group:  puppet                  GID: 249
>
> this will greatly help me so I will not have to chase any changes to
> http://slackbuilds.org/uid_gid.txt
>
> If you are interested in the project, you will be able to track changes
> and contribute over at https://github.com/sid77/puppet-slackware
>
> Thanks!
>
> - --
> Marco Bonetti

OK, done.

--
Niels Horn
(Continue reading)

Diogo Leal | 18 Mar 17:58 2011

Re: Puppet (and more!) for Slackware

Hi,
I'm also working with the puppet and suffered with the problem of version.

I am using to manage rvm versions of ruby.

I would like to help with this, if possible.

Diogo Leal [aka estranho]
http://diogoleal.com
msn | gtalk: estranho@...

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Niels Horn <niels.horn@...> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Marco Bonetti <sid77@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>> I'm working on a complete puppet setup for Slackware. I'm going to
>> submit my work to SlackBuilds.org, however it will not happen soon as
>> puppet still requires ruby 1.8, so I had to prepare a workaround for this.
>> In the meanwhile, may I ask to reserve these values:
>>
>> puppet
>> =======
>> User:   puppet  UID: 249        GID: 249
>> Group:  puppet                  GID: 249
>>
>> this will greatly help me so I will not have to chase any changes to
>> http://slackbuilds.org/uid_gid.txt

(Continue reading)

Marco Bonetti | 18 Mar 18:01 2011

On 03/18/2011 05:58 PM, Diogo Leal wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm also working with the puppet and suffered with the problem of version.
eh, I know :)

> I am using to manage rvm versions of ruby.
nice one, but I'd like to use something more system-specific

> I would like to help with this, if possible.
feel free to fork and contribute :)

Marco Bonetti
Tor research and other stuff: http://sid77.slackware.it/
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://workaround.ch/
Linux-live for powerpc: http://workaround.ch/pub/rsync/mb/linux-live/

My GnuPG key id: 0x0B60BC5F
JK Wood | 18 Mar 19:12 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Marco Bonetti <sid77 <at> slackware.it> wrote:
nice one, but I'd like to use something more system-specific

I'm usually against one-size-fits-all solutions, but rvm is the cleanest one I've seen in a long time. Slackware handles Ruby in a far better way than any other distro I've encountered, but rvm is still an extremely useful tool.  I only wish it were provided such that packaging was a simple matter.

-JK
Matteo Bernardini | 18 Mar 18:17 2011

Il 18/03/2011 15:59, Marco Bonetti ha scritto:
> I'm working on a complete puppet setup for Slackware. I'm going to
> submit my work to SlackBuilds.org, however it will not happen soon as
> puppet still requires ruby 1.8, so I had to prepare a workaround for this.

I'm interested a lot in that and will surely have a look, tnx marco :)

btw fyi, I'm happily using redmine on l33t with vincent's 1.8 packages
(they should be able to live together with the 1.9 version)

http://cardinal.lizella.net/~vbatts/downloads/updates/ruby/
http://cardinal.lizella.net/~vbatts/downloads/

Matteo

Gmane