occam | 2 May 11:52 2011
Picon

google-chrome for 13.37

The text states that having seamonkey installed takes care of some library
requirements.
However, I have all dependencies (incl optionals) installed, and seamonkey,
but google-chrome still misses libpam.so.0 and libgconf-2.so.4
Have I missed something, and if not - how do I best get hold of these
libraries (without downloading/compiling and possibly installing  extra
software systems?
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo | 2 May 12:04 2011
Picon

Re: google-chrome for 13.37

> The text states that having seamonkey installed takes care of some library
> requirements.
> However, I have all dependencies (incl optionals) installed, and seamonkey,
> but google-chrome still misses libpam.so.0 and libgconf-2.so.4
> Have I missed something, and if not - how do I best get hold of these
> libraries (without downloading/compiling and possibly installing  extra
> software systems?

http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-current/extra/google-chrome/
this should take care of your problems :)

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
Personal Blog : http://willysr.blogspot.com
Linux Blog: http://slackblogs.blogspot.com
Carlos Corbacho | 2 May 12:07 2011
Picon

Re: google-chrome for 13.37

On Monday 02 May 2011 10:52:43 occam wrote:
> However, I have all dependencies (incl optionals) installed, and seamonkey,
> but google-chrome still misses libpam.so.0 and libgconf-2.so.4
> Have I missed something, and if not - how do I best get hold of these
> libraries (without downloading/compiling and possibly installing  extra
> software systems?

Yes - you need extra/google-chrome/google-chrome-pam-solibs-1.1.3-x86_64-1.txz
from your local, friendly Slackware mirror.

-Carlos
Phillip Warner | 3 May 00:47 2011
Picon

Re: google-chrome for 13.37

--- On Mon, 5/2/11, Carlos Corbacho <carlos@...> wrote:

> Yes - you need
> extra/google-chrome/google-chrome-pam-solibs-1.1.3-x86_64-1.txz
>
> from your local, friendly Slackware mirror.

A *really* important thing to note, however, is that the Chrome Slackware slackbuild and the SBo
slackbuild are NOT the same.  The Slackware one specifies certain seamonkey header files to link to while
the SBo slackbuild tries to link to any seamonkey libs that aren't already in the chrome sources.  This is a
problem with pam since the SBo package will attempt to link to a pam seamonkey header that does not exist
(The slackware package in /extra puts the header in the chrome program directory).

Therefore, if you continue using the SBo chrome slackbuild for convenience (via sbopkg), you need to make
sure it does not try to link the pam lib.  Otherwise, you will need to manually remove it and relink to the
correct directory (or just reinstall the google-pam slackware package).

--phillip
Erik Hanson | 3 May 03:33 2011

Re: google-chrome for 13.37

On Mon, 2 May 2011 15:47:13 -0700 (PDT)
Phillip Warner <pc_warner@...> wrote:

> Therefore, if you continue using the SBo chrome slackbuild for
> convenience (via sbopkg), you need to make sure it does not try to
> link the pam lib.  Otherwise, you will need to manually remove it and
> relink to the correct directory (or just reinstall the google-pam
> slackware package).

Bah, it wasn't supposed to go into the 13.37 repo, and I thought it
didn't. I'll remove it soon. Use the one in extra/

--
Erik Hanson
On Mon, 2 May 2011 15:47:13 -0700 (PDT)
Phillip Warner <pc_warner@...> wrote:

> Therefore, if you continue using the SBo chrome slackbuild for
> convenience (via sbopkg), you need to make sure it does not try to
> link the pam lib.  Otherwise, you will need to manually remove it and
> relink to the correct directory (or just reinstall the google-pam
> slackware package).

Bah, it wasn't supposed to go into the 13.37 repo, and I thought it
didn't. I'll remove it soon. Use the one in extra/

Erik Hanson
(Continue reading)

occam | 3 May 09:18 2011
Picon

Re: google-chrome for 13.37

On Tue, 3 May 2011 08:47:13 Phillip Warner wrote:
> --- On Mon, 5/2/11, Carlos Corbacho <carlos@...> wrote:
> > Yes - you need
> > extra/google-chrome/google-chrome-pam-solibs-1.1.3-x86_64-1.txz
> >
> > from your local, friendly Slackware mirror.
>
> A *really* important thing to note, however, is that the Chrome Slackware
> slackbuild and the SBo slackbuild are NOT the same.  The Slackware one
> specifies certain seamonkey header files to link to while the SBo
> slackbuild tries to link to any seamonkey libs that aren't already in the
> chrome sources.  This is a problem with pam since the SBo package will
> attempt to link to a pam seamonkey header that does not exist (The
> slackware package in /extra puts the header in the chrome program
> directory).
>
> Therefore, if you continue using the SBo chrome slackbuild for convenience
> (via sbopkg), you need to make sure it does not try to link the pam lib.
> Otherwise, you will need to manually remove it and relink to the correct
> directory (or just reinstall the google-pam slackware package).

Thanks for the help - I am now running Chrome without any problems. The SBo
scripts are a great resource; I used to do everything manually - including
compiling and installing new versions of KDE but SBo scripts are so much
better!

Gmane