Dario Niedermann | 5 May 21:07 2011
Picon

[13.37] Slackbuild patch for r2e 2.71

Hello,

I've tweaked the slackbuild for r2e 2.66 (rss2email) to make it work for
the latest r2e version (2.71).

One of the files in the source archive changed name, so that had to be
fixed. Also, the slackbuild file 'config.py.patch' is no longer
necessary, because I used `sed` to do the same replacements that were
performed by that patch file.

The results of enclosed patch were tested on Slackware64, but since r2e
is all Python, I expect this to work on all architectures.

Regards,
DN

-----BEGIN PATCH FILE-----
Only in r2e-2.66: config.py.patch
diff -u r2e-2.66/r2e.SlackBuild r2e-2.71/r2e.SlackBuild
--- r2e-2.66/r2e.SlackBuild	2010-06-16 07:22:12.000000000 +0200
+++ r2e-2.71/r2e.SlackBuild	2011-05-05 20:35:08.000000000 +0200
 # IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

 # Modified by Robby Workman <rworkman@...>
+# Modified for r2e 2.71 by Dario Niedermann <dnied@...>

 PRGNAM=r2e
-VERSION=2.66
+VERSION=2.71
(Continue reading)

Rich Shepard | 5 May 22:38 2011

Re: [13.37] Slackbuild patch for r2e 2.71

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Dario Niedermann wrote:

> One of the files in the source archive changed name, so that had to be
> fixed.

Dario,

   That's because I contacted the developer and made him aware that his new
configuration files overwrote the existing, tuned, configurations. That
caused rss2email to stop working. He changed the name of the new file (I
think by adding an extension) so upgrades now leave our individual
configurations alone.

   I hadn't bothered to look for a slackbuild for this since I just untar it
over the original installation and it works.

Rich
Dario Niedermann | 5 May 23:48 2011
Picon

Re: [13.37] Slackbuild patch for r2e 2.71

On Thu, 5 May 2011 13:38:12 -0700 (PDT), Rich Shepard
<rshepard@...> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 May 2011, Dario Niedermann wrote:
>
>> One of the files in the source archive changed name, so that had to be
>> fixed.
>
> Dario,
>
>    That's because I contacted the developer and made him aware that his new
> configuration files overwrote the existing, tuned, configurations. That
> caused rss2email to stop working. He changed the name of the new file (I
> think by adding an extension) so upgrades now leave our individual
> configurations alone.

The dev did in fact rename the 'config.py' file to 'config.py.example';
anyway, note that the slackbuild will install this file as
'/etc/r2e/config.py.new' if an '/etc/r2e/config.py' pre-exists.

So, regardless of the source file's name, the slackbuild won't overwrite
any config files that might be in use.

Regards,
DN

Gmane