José Lopes | 24 Jun 20:59 2011
Picon

Libreoffice

Hello,

Libreoffice official package has been updated to version 3.3.3, although
there is also a version 3.4.0, which means that the Slackbuild needs to
be updated.

Regards,
José
Niels Horn | 24 Jun 21:06 2011
Picon

Re: Libreoffice

2011/6/24 José Lopes <biolizard.mail@...>:
> Hello,
>
> Libreoffice official package has been updated to version 3.3.3, although
> there is also a version 3.4.0, which means that the Slackbuild needs to be
> updated.
>
> Regards,
> José

Yes I know, that's why the new version of the SlackBuild is waiting in
the pending queue :)

If you can't wait for it to be approved, you can get it from my site:
http://www.nielshorn.net/slackware/slack_pkg.php

Niels Horn
(Continue reading)

José Lopes | 24 Jun 21:07 2011
Picon

Re: Libreoffice

Hi,

Oh, sorry, I forgot to check the pending queue.

Thanks,
José

On 06/24/2011 08:06 PM, Niels Horn wrote:
> 2011/6/24 José Lopes<biolizard.mail@...>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Libreoffice official package has been updated to version 3.3.3, although
>> there is also a version 3.4.0, which means that the Slackbuild needs to be
>> updated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> José
>>

> Hi,
>
> Yes I know, that's why the new version of the SlackBuild is waiting in
> the pending queue :)

(Continue reading)

Binh Nguyen | 25 Jun 10:26 2011

Re: Libreoffice

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:06:07 -0300
Niels Horn <niels.horn@...> wrote:

> If you can't wait for it to be approved, you can get it from my site:
> http://www.nielshorn.net/slackware/slack_pkg.php

I've just installed your package and I have to say I'm very glad that
LibreOffice with version 3.4.0 for the first time respects system font
settings.

For previous versions, I have to build it from source (for slack 13.0
so cannot get from Eric) to have a package that looks 'right' rather
than the one from provided binaries with an 'ugly' look.

Considering building 3.3.2 took up to 9GB in about 5 hours on an Core
i3 machine, this change in LO of course will save me a lot of time in
the future. I will just use the provided binaries instead of building
myself.

Now with LibreOffice respects system font settings along with Google
Chrome and Opera, I wish Firefox will soon implement this 'technique'
too in their provided binaries.

Binh Nguyen

Gmane