Rich Shepard | 18 Jul 19:54 2011

Problems with OO.o and LO

   I tried building LibreOffice but not all the typefaces on the system are
seen. After futzing with this for a day I removed the package (3.3.2) and
tried building 3.4.1 (since messages on this list told me that 3.4.0 should
be avoided. The attempt fails because a freedesktop package cannot be found;

LibO_3.4.1rc3_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US/readmes/README_en-US
mv: cannot stat
`desktop-integration/libreoffice3.4-freedesktop-menus-3.4-12.noarch.rpm': No
such file or directory

   Giving up on LO, I discovered that OO.o no longer loaded; the soffice file
is gone. I downloaded (from the OO.o web site) version 3.3.0 but still see
the same slackbuild error:

OOO330_m20_native_packed-1_en-US.9567/licenses/LICENSE_en-US.html
mv: cannot stat
`desktop-integration/openoffice.org3.2-freedesktop-menus-3.2-9502.noarch.rpm':
No such file or directory

   I don't care which I use (since they are not my main writing tool), but I
do use the spreadsheet and need to build one or the other today.

   Since LO seems to be the current tool, please advise me how to
successfully build it on my 13.1/32-bit system.

Rich
Jens Weber | 18 Jul 20:26 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

That sounds like a version mismatch .

Maybe you consider using sbopkg from http://sbopkg.org/
as it will dowload the right source version for you

Jens

Am Montag 18 Juli 2011, 19:54:34 schrieb Rich Shepard:
>    I tried building LibreOffice but not all the typefaces on the system are
> seen. After futzing with this for a day I removed the package (3.3.2) and
> tried building 3.4.1 (since messages on this list told me that 3.4.0 should
> be avoided. The attempt fails because a freedesktop package cannot be
> found;
>
> LibO_3.4.1rc3_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US/readmes/README_en-US
> mv: cannot stat
> `desktop-integration/libreoffice3.4-freedesktop-menus-3.4-12.noarch.rpm':
> No such file or directory
>

>    Giving up on LO, I discovered that OO.o no longer loaded; the soffice
> file is gone. I downloaded (from the OO.o web site) version 3.3.0 but
> still see the same slackbuild error:
>
> OOO330_m20_native_packed-1_en-US.9567/licenses/LICENSE_en-US.html
> mv: cannot stat
> `desktop-integration/openoffice.org3.2-freedesktop-menus-3.2-9502.noarch.rp
> m': No such file or directory
>
>    I don't care which I use (since they are not my main writing tool), but
(Continue reading)

Rich Shepard | 18 Jul 22:57 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Jens Weber wrote:

> Maybe you consider using sbopkg from http://sbopkg.org/ as it will dowload
> the right source version for you

Jens,

   I installed sbopkg. It seeks libreoffice-3.3.2 which is no longer in the
repository (or available at libreoffice.org). Recommendations here are to
avoid 3.4.0 and there appears to be no way to get, build, and install 3.4.1.

   Any other suggestions?

   I like sbopkg finding updates for me as slackpkg does for
distribution-included packages.

Thanks,

Rich
Greg' Ar Tourter | 18 Jul 23:34 2011
Picon

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

Hi,

The old versions of libreoffice are still available but not at their
original location:

You can find them in
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/stable/

Hope this helps

ArTourter

On 18 July 2011 21:57, Rich Shepard <rshepard <at> appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Jens Weber wrote:
>
>> Maybe you consider using sbopkg from http://sbopkg.org/ as it will dowload
>> the right source version for you
>
> Jens,
>
>  I installed sbopkg. It seeks libreoffice-3.3.2 which is no longer in the
> repository (or available at libreoffice.org). Recommendations here are to
> avoid 3.4.0 and there appears to be no way to get, build, and install 3.4.1.
>
>  Any other suggestions?
>
>  I like sbopkg finding updates for me as slackpkg does for
> distribution-included packages.
>
> Thanks,
(Continue reading)

Rich Shepard | 19 Jul 00:13 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Greg' Ar Tourter wrote:

> The old versions of libreoffice are still available but not at their
> original location:
> You can find them in
> http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/stable/
>
> Hope this helps

ArTourter,

   Unfortunately, not. The 3.3.2 file name on the mirror site is different
from what the SlackBuild script expects and my attempts to change the script
failed. I'm still stuck.

Rich
Josiah Boothby | 19 Jul 00:23 2011
Picon

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:13:50 -0700, Rich Shepard
<rshepard@...> wrote:
> I'm still stuck.

Maybe Eric Hameleers's package would work as well for you as it does for
me?

http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/libreoffice/pkg/13.37/

--Josiah
Rich Shepard | 19 Jul 00:29 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Josiah Boothby wrote:

> Maybe Eric Hameleers's package would work as well for you as it does for me?
> http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/libreoffice/pkg/13.37/

Josiah,

   Until I get the new hard drive and install 13.37/64-bit on it, then
transfer all the 32-bit tools from the current drive, I'm working on version
13.1. I'll see if Eric's package will build on this earlier version.

Thanks,

Rich
Rich Shepard | 19 Jul 00:32 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Josiah Boothby wrote:

> Maybe Eric Hameleers's package would work as well for you as it does for me?

Josiah,

   I'm now downloading his 13.1 libreoffice package. Thanks for the
suggestion.

   Stay tuned for a report on the results.

Rich
Sergio Dias | 19 Jul 00:50 2011
Picon

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

While the libreoffice pkg is updating to version 3.4.1, you must
change the slackbuild script to make it run, first the version line
everyone knows about it but then you must change the line SRCBUILD to
4.1-103 to fix the script

Sergio

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard@...> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Josiah Boothby wrote:
>
>> Maybe Eric Hameleers's package would work as well for you as it does for
>> me?
>
> Josiah,
>
>  I'm now downloading his 13.1 libreoffice package. Thanks for the
> suggestion.
>
>  Stay tuned for a report on the results.
>
> Rich

Rich Shepard | 19 Jul 01:22 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Stay tuned for a report on the results.

   Eric's package of 3.3.3 installs and runs. I still have only a fraction of
the typefaces/fonts available in /usr/share/fonts (e.g., URW Paladio Italic
is there, but not the Roman face). I'll get on the LO mail list and ask
about that.

Thanks,

Rich
Donald Cooley | 18 Jul 23:31 2011
Picon

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Monday, 18 July 2011 3:57:47 pm Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Jens Weber wrote:
> > Maybe you consider using sbopkg from http://sbopkg.org/ as it will
> > dowload the right source version for you
>
> Jens,
>
>    I installed sbopkg. It seeks libreoffice-3.3.2 which is no longer in the
> repository (or available at libreoffice.org). Recommendations here are to
> avoid 3.4.0 and there appears to be no way to get, build, and install
> 3.4.1.
>
>    Any other suggestions?
>
>    I like sbopkg finding updates for me as slackpkg does for
> distribution-included packages.
>
> Thanks,

Hi, Rich. I built 3.3.3 last night. I could copy and paste the changes I made
to the slackbuild and the info file if you like. email directly if interested.

Donald Cooley
Rich Shepard | 19 Jul 01:40 2011

Re: Problems with OO.o and LO

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Donald Cooley wrote:

> I built 3.3.3 last night. I could copy and paste the changes I made to the
> slackbuild and the info file if you like. email directly if interested.

Donald,

   Thanks for the offer. I have Eric's 3.3.3 installed and running; same
problem with not all fonts installed on the system being seen by the
application. I'll find a LO mail list or forum and ask there.

Rich

Gmane