Picon

Flash: Broken link

Seems the Flash download link is broken on
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/multimedia/flash-player-plugin/

Yours,
__
Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer
www.syntaktisk.dk * mjjzf@...
Greg' Ar Tourter | 21 Sep 00:29 2011
Picon

Re: Flash: Broken link

Hi,

Yes as this is the development version of the new 11.0 release, adobe
removes it as soon as a new version is released. As Adobe release RC1,
beta2 is now gone.

I believe, the new slackbuild is in ready and should be out at the
next public release, (provided Adobe doesn't release RC2 by then at
which point the new one will not work again):-P

Now why people cannot leave stuff in place, I don't understand, but it
is not an adobe specific problem.

Cheers

ArTourter

On 20 September 2011 23:21, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer
<mjjzf <at> syntaktisk.dk> wrote:
> Seems the Flash download link is broken on
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/multimedia/flash-player-plugin/
>
> Yours,
> __
> Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer
> www.syntaktisk.dk * mjjzf <at> syntaktisk.dk
> SlackBuilds-users <at> slackbuilds.org
(Continue reading)

Ottavio | 21 Sep 01:15 2011
Picon

Re: Flash: Broken link

<mjjzf@...> wrote:
> Seems the Flash download link is broken on
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/multimedia/flash-player-plugin/

WARNING: first post from a complete sb n00b, be patient:
is there really a need for a slackbuild to install the flash plugin?
All one has to do is to unpack the file and copy the libflashplayer.so
to /usr/lib[64]/firefox-[version]/plugins/ (I think)?

Ottavio

> On 20 September 2011 23:21, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer
> <mjjzf@...> wrote:
>
>> Seems the Flash download link is broken on
>> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/multimedia/flash-player-plugin/
>>

> <snip>
> is there really a need for a slackbuild to install the flash plugin?
> All one has to do is to unpack the file and copy the libflashplayer.so
> to /usr/lib[64]/firefox-[version]/plugins/ (I think)?

That's

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

unless it's very recently changed.  I've copied the flash plugin to
there (and, BTW, I've found that to do so, it works).  But then a

removepkg flashplayer

does nothing.  (instead, you must go to the folder and remove the
flashplayer).

So, **it depends upon what you want** (as to a whether or not a slack
pkg is needed).

Go slackbuilds admins and contributors and thank you very much for the
(Continue reading)

Erik Hanson | 21 Sep 09:12 2011

Re: Flash: Broken link

On 09/20/2011 06:15 PM, Ottavio wrote:
> On 20 September 2011 23:21, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer
> <mjjzf@...>  wrote:
>> Seems the Flash download link is broken on
>> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/multimedia/flash-player-plugin/
>
> WARNING: first post from a complete sb n00b, be patient:
> is there really a need for a slackbuild to install the flash plugin?
> All one has to do is to unpack the file and copy the libflashplayer.so
> to /usr/lib[64]/firefox-[version]/plugins/ (I think)?

There isn't any need to, however that logic can be extended to all
SlackBuilds/packages. Any way, the package will also contain something
called "kcm_adobe_flash_player.so" which I gather is for KDE4, and the
flash-player-properties binary along with several other minor files. The
package makes it easy to install/remove all of this. However if you're
more comfortable doing it by hand then you may as well just drop the .so
in ~/.mozilla/plugins with each new version.

Erik Hanson

Gmane