markus reichelt | 25 May 23:35 2012

official logo (contest?)

Aloha,

I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious 
http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif

So I decided to work with what is available; cut & inverted it, and
came up with http://i.imgur.com/13sG6.png - it just fits my needs.

Anyone else wondered about a logo/created one?

(Now's the time, Meribor.)

--

-- 
left blank, right bald
Aloha,

I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious 
http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif

So I decided to work with what is available; cut & inverted it, and
came up with http://i.imgur.com/13sG6.png - it just fits my needs.

Anyone else wondered about a logo/created one?

(Now's the time, Meribor.)

(Continue reading)

King Beowulf | 26 May 00:40 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM, markus reichelt <ml-NBr4DFz3UIuEogu45VfRew@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Aloha,

I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious
http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif

So I decided to work with what is available; cut & inverted it, and
came up with http://i.imgur.com/13sG6.png - it just fits my needs.

Anyone else wondered about a logo/created one?

(Now's the time, Meribor.)

--
left blank, right bald



I like this one.  Ties into the Slackware bootsplash bmp

http://www.koenigcomputers.com/slacklogos/slack.png

Needs a bit o' tweaking to look pretty

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0

<div>
<div class="gmail_quote">On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM, markus reichelt <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:ml@..." target="_blank">ml@...</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote">
Aloha,<br><br>
I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On<br>
IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious<br><a href="http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif" target="_blank">http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif</a><br><br>
So I decided to work with what is available; cut &amp; inverted it, and<br>
came up with <a href="http://i.imgur.com/13sG6.png" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/13sG6.png</a> - it just fits my needs.<br><br>
Anyone else wondered about a logo/created one?<br><br>
(Now's the time, Meribor.)<br><span class="HOEnZb"><br>
--<br>
left blank, right bald<br></span><br><br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<br>I like this one.&nbsp; Ties into the Slackware bootsplash bmp<br><br><a href="http://www.koenigcomputers.com/slacklogos/slack.png">http://www.koenigcomputers.com/slacklogos/slack.png</a><br><br>Needs a bit o' tweaking to look pretty<br><br>-Ed<br clear="all"><br>-- <br>You! What PLANET is this!<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0<br><br>
</div>
Erik Hanson | 26 May 02:00 2012
Face

Re: official logo (contest?)

On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
markus reichelt <ml@...> wrote:

> Aloha,
> 
> I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
> IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious 
> http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif

There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and fail)
at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone else
step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.

-- 
Erik Hanson
On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
markus reichelt <ml@...> wrote:

> Aloha,
> 
> I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
> IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious 
> http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif

There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and fail)
at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone else
step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.

--

-- 
Erik Hanson
King Beowulf | 26 May 05:09 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

Erik
Other than the mention of facebook, there's no shame in being gimp
challenged. Half the time I don't know why I keep it installed! I do
more damage to perfectly good art...

I popped a thread on LQ for thoughts. Its a spiffy idea I think; maybe
set up a repository where we can collect images and votes.

I wonder if any Slackware users are proper graphic artists?

-Ed

On 5/25/12, Erik Hanson <erik@...> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
> markus reichelt <ml@...> wrote:
>
>> Aloha,
>>
>> I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
>> IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious
>> http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif
>
> There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and
> fail)
> at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
> facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone
> else
> step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.
>
> --
> Erik Hanson
>

--

-- 
Sent from my mobile device

You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
Petar Petrov | 26 May 11:17 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

hi

how about:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/path3779a.png

yes, i am far from being an inkscape artist :P

regards,

petar

Quoting King Beowulf <kingbeowulf@...>:

> Erik
> Other than the mention of facebook, there's no shame in being gimp
> challenged. Half the time I don't know why I keep it installed! I do
> more damage to perfectly good art...
>
> I popped a thread on LQ for thoughts. Its a spiffy idea I think; maybe
> set up a repository where we can collect images and votes.
>
> I wonder if any Slackware users are proper graphic artists?
>
> -Ed
>
>
> On 5/25/12, Erik Hanson <erik@...> wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
>> markus reichelt <ml@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Aloha,
>>>
>>> I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
>>> IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious
>>> http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif
>>
>> There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and
>> fail)
>> at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
>> facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone
>> else
>> step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.
>>
>> --
>> Erik Hanson
>>
>
> --
> Sent from my mobile device
>
> You! What PLANET is this!
> 	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users@...
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>

Bradley D. Thornton | 26 May 12:52 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)


On 05/26/2012 02:17 AM, Petar Petrov wrote:
> hi
> 
> how about:
> 
> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/path3779a.png

Frickin' nice!

> 
> yes, i am far from being an inkscape artist :P

So are most of us, but that bring ups an important point - the artwork
should be vector based for scalability and Inkscape excels at that.

Can you post that again as in SVG format, Petar?

Thanks! and yah I gotta say again it's pretty freakin' kewl :)

Kindest regards,

--

-- 
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
TEL: +1.310.388.9469  (US)
TEL: +44.203.318.2755 (UK)
TEL: +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
http://NorthTech.US

Bradley D. Thornton | 26 May 12:56 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)


On 05/26/2012 03:52 AM, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:
> 
> 
> So are most of us, but that bring ups an important point - the artwork
> 
> Can you post that again as in SVG format, Petar?
> 

wtf is up with my feengers (or is it my braen?) this morning?

--

-- 
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
TEL: +1.310.388.9469  (US)
TEL: +44.203.318.2755 (UK)
TEL: +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
http://NorthTech.US

Petar Petrov | 26 May 15:56 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

Quoting "Bradley D. Thornton" <Bradley@...>:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: RIPEMD160
>
>
>
> On 05/26/2012 02:17 AM, Petar Petrov wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> how about:
>>
>> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/path3779a.png
>
> Frickin' nice!
>
>>
>> yes, i am far from being an inkscape artist :P
>
> So are most of us, but that bring ups an important point - the artwork
> should be vector based for scalability and Inkscape excels at that.
>
> Can you post that again as in SVG format, Petar?
>
> Thanks! and yah I gotta say again it's pretty freakin' kewl :)
>
> Kindest regards,
>
>
> - --
> Bradley D. Thornton
> Manager Network Services
> NorthTech Computer
> TEL: +1.310.388.9469  (US)
> TEL: +44.203.318.2755 (UK)
> TEL: +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
> http://NorthTech.US
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Find this cert at x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
>
> iQEcBAEBAwAGBQJPwLX/AAoJEE1wgkIhr9j3YXUIAJ5kshn97ZYb2FvhWJOiyoAz
> tm/59ywxY0mwFHhnrx1DJ0yDfKIiyPxc4THLNlAmi6XsYCj9wodIUIk1qISkCr10
> JOUuKtOVErV/KuqApA8QpZyQmROcP4ZVznmHTuSfGSEuYBkWTEz1FxSs1KesM5rO
> DExPXGtSZehDWktd95uZAVOPcmF99vXoqMm6WuqxH66nEkc43cchSCMQBxIvz9RG
> 6DtwQT+z3rwOAICuqllmpxK1P7MWh3Hf0usvHAPqEzjx1oa/S7GMZUOhcsRcGu1O
> xn+BmuqMOI/xpq/UYNMh9cMcpljqi1dRJR3FL0XNbCdhKtfj8qTY9/Ozw4tPhFQ=
> =A79V
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users@...
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>

glad you like it
sure, here is the SVG:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo.svg

when viewed in firefox it looks strange, so just open it in inkscape

-petar

korgman | 26 May 16:14 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On 26/05/2012 12:17 μμ, Petar Petrov wrote:
> how about:
>
> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/path3779a.png

Nice.

I would prefer black-bottom, so the line must be grey. (hmmm..)

--

-- 
Michales Michaloudes
_______________________________________________
SlackBuilds-users mailing list
SlackBuilds-users <at> slackbuilds.org
http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/

Petar Petrov | 26 May 19:18 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

Quoting korgman <korgie@...>:

> On 26/05/2012 12:17 ??, Petar Petrov wrote:
>> how about:
>>
>> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/path3779a.png
>
> Nice.
>
> I would prefer black-bottom, so the line must be grey. (hmmm..)
>
> -- 
> Michales Michaloudes
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users@...
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/

black-bottom?
we can invert the colours:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo-black.png
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo-b.svg

-petar

korgman | 26 May 19:51 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On 26/05/2012 08:18 μμ, Petar Petrov wrote:
> black-bottom?
> we can invert the colours:

Yes, silly me :)

> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo-black.png
> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo-b.svg

--

-- 
Michales Michaloudes
_______________________________________________
SlackBuilds-users mailing list
SlackBuilds-users <at> slackbuilds.org
http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/

King Beowulf | 26 May 21:24 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On 05/26/2012 10:18 AM, Petar Petrov wrote:
> Quoting korgman <korgie@...>:
>
>> On 26/05/2012 12:17 ??, Petar Petrov wrote:
>>> how about:
>>>
>>> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/path3779a.png
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> I would prefer black-bottom, so the line must be grey. (hmmm..)
>>
>> -- 
>> Michales Michaloudes
>> _______________________________________________
>> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
>> SlackBuilds-users@...
>> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
>> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
>> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>
> black-bottom?
> we can invert the colours:
>
> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo-black.png
> http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/slack/other/sbo-b.svg
>
> -petar
>
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users@...
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>
>
PERFECT! Well, better than I could do.  Inkscape gives me the heebyie 
jeebies....
Ima Afrotrap | 26 May 12:35 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On Friday, 25 May 2012 22:09 King Beowulf wrote:
> Erik
> Other than the mention of facebook, there's no shame in being gimp
> challenged. Half the time I don't know why I keep it installed! I do
> more damage to perfectly good art...
> 

  Don't feel bad, I can't even figure out how to make a circle or a circle with 
a diagonal line through it. And on paper, I can't even draw a stick-man straight 
so I gave up trying to be imaginative years and years ago. I still like the GIMP 
though as I do like to play around with pictures and it does more than Gwenview, 
heh.

--

-- 
"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that the government wants every citizen to prove they 
are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".  -unknown

Deport Illegal Aliens!
markus reichelt | 26 May 16:09 2012

Re: official logo (contest?)

* King Beowulf <kingbeowulf@...> wrote:

> I popped a thread on LQ for thoughts. Its a spiffy idea I think;
> maybe set up a repository where we can collect images and votes.

Here's the link for the LQ thread:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackbuilds-org-logo-contest-946910/

-- 
left blank, right bald
* King Beowulf <kingbeowulf@...> wrote:

> I popped a thread on LQ for thoughts. Its a spiffy idea I think;
> maybe set up a repository where we can collect images and votes.

Here's the link for the LQ thread:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackbuilds-org-logo-contest-946910/

--

-- 
left blank, right bald
King Beowulf | 26 May 21:26 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On 05/26/2012 07:09 AM, markus reichelt wrote:
> * King Beowulf<kingbeowulf@...>  wrote:
>
>> I popped a thread on LQ for thoughts. Its a spiffy idea I think;
>> maybe set up a repository where we can collect images and votes.
> Here's the link for the LQ thread:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackbuilds-org-logo-contest-946910/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users@...
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>
Thanks.  If I had half a brain I would have thought to add a link to my 
email.
Ronny Schmatzler | 26 May 23:07 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

> On 05/26/2012 07:09 AM, markus reichelt wrote:
>> * King Beowulf<kingbeowulf@...>  wrote:
>>
>>> I popped a thread on LQ for thoughts. Its a spiffy idea I think;
>>> maybe set up a repository where we can collect images and votes.
>> Here's the link for the LQ thread:
>>
>> 
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackbuilds-org-logo-contest-946910/
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
>> SlackBuilds-users@...
>> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
>> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
>> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>>
> Thanks.  If I had half a brain I would have thought to add a link to
> my email.
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users@...
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/

I added some logos to that thread. A bit unusual, but maybe you like 
it.

Erik Hanson | 26 May 21:33 2012
Face

Re: official logo (contest?)

On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:00:54 -0500
Erik Hanson <erik@...> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
> markus reichelt <ml@...> wrote:
> 
> > Aloha,
> > 
> > I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
> > IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious 
> > http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif
> 
> There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and fail)
> at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
> facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone else
> step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.

The website logo isn't changing, never meant to imply that.

The cgit logo is 96x64, facebook I don't even know.

-- 
Erik Hanson
On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:00:54 -0500
Erik Hanson <erik@...> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
> markus reichelt <ml@...> wrote:
> 
> > Aloha,
> > 
> > I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
> > IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious 
> > http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif
> 
> There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and fail)
> at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
> facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone else
> step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.

The website logo isn't changing, never meant to imply that.

The cgit logo is 96x64, facebook I don't even know.

--

-- 
Erik Hanson
King Beowulf | 26 May 22:21 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)

On 05/26/2012 12:33 PM, Erik Hanson wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:00:54 -0500
> Erik Hanson<erik@...>  wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
>> markus reichelt<ml@...>  wrote:
>>
>>> Aloha,
>>>
>>> I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
>>> IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious
>>> http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif
>> There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and fail)
>> at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
>> facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone else
>> step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.
> The website logo isn't changing, never meant to imply that.
>
> The cgit logo is 96x64, facebook I don't even know.
>
Well, technically, if we were to quibble, the website "logo" is more or 
a page header/title/banner and does not lend itself to people using it 
as a logo or badge to link to the website.  Heck, we all just fooling 
around anyway.  It would be nice to brand the website with a logo, along 
the lines of the cgit logo, to make slackbuilds more visible and 
recognizable among the various slackware fan sites.
Bradley D. Thornton | 28 May 10:31 2012
Picon

Re: official logo (contest?)


On 05/26/2012 01:21 PM, King Beowulf wrote:
> On 05/26/2012 12:33 PM, Erik Hanson wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:00:54 -0500
>> Erik Hanson<erik@...>  wrote:
>>
>> The website logo isn't changing, never meant to imply that.
>>
>> The cgit logo is 96x64, facebook I don't even know.
>>
> Well, technically, if we were to quibble, the website "logo" is more or
> a page header/title/banner and does not lend itself to people using it
> as a logo or badge to link to the website.  Heck, we all just fooling
> around anyway.  It would be nice to brand the website with a logo, along
> the lines of the cgit logo, to make slackbuilds more visible and
> recognizable among the various slackware fan sites.

yup.

--

-- 
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
TEL: +1.310.388.9469  (US)
TEL: +44.203.318.2755 (UK)
TEL: +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
http://NorthTech.US


Gmane