Rich Shepard | 17 Jul 01:36 2011

Adding Fonts to Libre Office

   I downloaded, built, and installed LO from the SlackBuilds.org site
(version 3.3.2), specified sharing with the existing OO.o, and used it for a
letter. Not all fonts on the system (which are available to OO.o) show up as
available to LO. My Google searches have found ubuntu references but nothing
I've seen that looks applicable to Slackware.

   Can someone point me to a source of information how to make all fonts on
the system available to LO?

TIA,

Rich
Mehdi Esmaeelpour | 17 Jul 10:32 2011
Picon

Re: Adding Fonts to Libre Office

 I downloaded, built, and installed LO from the SlackBuilds.org site
(version 3.3.2), specified sharing with the existing OO.o, and used it for a
letter. Not all fonts on the system (which are available to OO.o) show up as
available to LO. My Google searches have found ubuntu references but nothing
I've seen that looks applicable to Slackware.

 Can someone point me to a source of information how to make all fonts on
the system available to LO?

TIA,

Rich

This is impossible ... Each font in OOO must be in LO.
For testing install a new font(use KDE font installer) and try to use font in LO.

good luck
Rich Shepard | 17 Jul 14:59 2011

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011, Mehdi Esmaeelpour wrote:

> This is impossible ... Each font in OOO must be in LO.

Mehdi,

   I would have agreed with you before installing LO and using it.

> For testing install a new font(use KDE font installer) and try to use font
> in LO.

   While I don't use KDE, I don't need to run additional tests. My default
font for word processed documents is Bitstream Amerigo, 10 pt. That's not
available in the drop-down list of typefaces in LO. That list starts with
Bitstream Charter.

   Needing to get a letter in yesterday's mail I did not look at the entire
list, but the number of typefaces available in LO is much less than those
I've installed and used in OO.o over the years.

Rich
Mehdi Esmaeelpour | 17 Jul 16:19 2011
Picon

Re: Adding Fonts to Libre Office

This is impossible ... Each font in OOO must be in LO.

Mehdi,

 I would have agreed with you before installing LO and using it.

For testing install a new font(use KDE font installer) and try to use font
in LO.

 While I don't use KDE, I don't need to run additional tests. My default
font for word processed documents is Bitstream Amerigo, 10 pt. That's not
available in the drop-down list of typefaces in LO. That list starts with
Bitstream Charter.

 Needing to get a letter in yesterday's mail I did not look at the entire
list, but the number of typefaces available in LO is much less than those
I've installed and used in OO.o over the years.

Rich

I have installed LO too ... but all fonts in my slackware appear in drop-down list.
reinstall LO ... or open one of the files that you written in OOO by LO and check fonts.
Leslie León Sinclair | 18 Jul 15:05 2011
Picon

Re: Adding Fonts to Libre Office

Did you tried to add the fonts[copy or symlink] to your .fonts directory
on your home folder?

HTH,
Best regards.

>   I downloaded, built, and installed LO from the SlackBuilds.org site
> (version 3.3.2), specified sharing with the existing OO.o, and used it
> for a
> letter. Not all fonts on the system (which are available to OO.o) show
> up as
> available to LO. My Google searches have found ubuntu references but
> nothing
> I've seen that looks applicable to Slackware.
>
>   Can someone point me to a source of information how to make all
> fonts on
> the system available to LO?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

*Leslie León Sinclair
*Administrador de Redes
*Facultad de Ingenieria Electrica, CUJAE.
*Calle 114 #11901 e/ Ciclovía y Rotonda
*Marianao 19390, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
*Tel: (53 7) 266-3321
*Another happy Slackware&  Debian GNU/Linux user
*Proud GNU/Linux User #445535
*http://counter.li.org/
*Katana yanai, otoko nanda.
****************************************************/

Participe en Universidad 2012, del 13 al 17 de febrero de 2012.
Habana, Cuba: http://www.congresouniversidad.cu
Consulte la enciclopedia colaborativa cubana. http://www.ecured.cu

Participe en el Segundo Congreso Medio Ambiente Construido y
Desarrollo Sustentable (MACDES 2011) del 6 al 9 de diciembre de 2011,
Hotel Nacional, Habana, Cuba: http://macdes.cujae.edu.cu
Rich Shepard | 18 Jul 16:40 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Leslie León Sinclair wrote:

> Did you tried to add the fonts[copy or symlink] to your .fonts directory
> on your home folder?

   What fonts? There's nothing about the application in my home directory;
fonts are in /usr/share/ and the various subdirectories.

[rshepard <at> salmo ~]$ ls .font
ls: cannot access .font: No such file or directory
[rshepard <at> salmo ~]$ ls .fonts
ls: cannot access .fonts: No such file or directory

Rich
Leslie León Sinclair | 18 Jul 17:10 2011
Picon

Re: Adding Fonts to Libre Office

Some apps uses the fonts on your home folder, and you can add more fonts
on that folder, if not exist, create it...

koratsuki <at> happyharry:~$ ls -las | grep .font
     0 drwxr-xr-x  2 koratsuki koratsuki      304 2011-07-11 11:38
.fontconfig
    14 drwxr-xr-x  2 koratsuki users        14224 2011-06-16 16:17 .fonts

Chmod the folder to 755 and it´s done! Copy the fonts to that folder,
and chmod fonts too.
For example the fonts that wine uses for his magnificent job, and the
fonts that I use in gimp for my web designs are there too. And works for
me in all the system...

koratsuki <at> happyharry:~$ ls -s .fonts
total 58817
   132 Aller_Lt.ttf                      68 Gill Sans MT.TTF
   132 Aller_Rg.ttf                     637 Graffogie.ttf
    48 Allheart.ttf                      36 groupsex.TTF
    24 alphabet.ttf                      40 grunge.TTF
     8 Amalobo.TTF                       20 Guifx v2 Transports.ttf
    24 amazon__.ttf                      28 hand.TTF
    56 AMERICAN.TTF                     841 HardGothicNormal.ttf
    40 Ampoule_.TTF                      52 HARLOWSI.TTF
    20 ANALOG.TTF                       108 hawaiiah.TTF
   104 Andale_Mono.ttf                  136 HAZELN.TTF
   104 andalemo.ttf                      40 HelveticaInseratLTStd-Roman.otf
    36 ANDES__0.TTF                      32 HelveticaLTStd-BlkCondObl.otf
    28 AngieBareFoot.ttf                 32 HelveticaLTStd-BlkCond.otf
    32 AngieGroovin.ttf                  32 HelveticaLTStd-BlkObl.otf
    56 AngieImpressing.ttf               32 HelveticaLTStd-Blk.otf
    36 AngiePierced.ttf                  32 HelveticaLTStd-BoldCondObl.otf
    44 AngieTanLines.ttf                 32 HelveticaLTStd-BoldCond.otf
    72 AngloSaxon.ttf                    48 HelveticaLTStd-BoldObl.otf
    24 ANGULAR.TTF                       48 HelveticaLTStd-Bold.otf
    56 AnkeCall.ttf                      28 HelveticaLTStd-Comp.otf
   140 Anonymous Pro BI.ttf              32 HelveticaLTStd-Cond.otf
   152 Anonymous Pro B.ttf               28 horrh___.TTF
   144 Anonymous Pro I.ttf              116 Ian-bent.ttf
   156 Anonymous Pro.ttf                144 ICEAGEN.TTF
    24 ANTICSS_.TTF                      40 ill-omen.TTF
   140 antpile.TTF                      372 illustrate-it.ttf
    52 Apc_____.ttf                     136 impact.ttf
   188 apicture.ttf                     136 Impact.ttf
    40 APOCALYP.TTF                      44 IRREP___.TTF
    48 AppleGaramond-BoldItalic.ttf      48 JaneAust.ttf
    48 AppleGaramond-Bold.ttf            72 JAZZN.TTF
    48 AppleGaramond-Italic.ttf          68 jh3trial.ttf
    48 AppleGaramond-LightItalic.ttf     80 JOHNHAND.TTF
    48 AppleGaramond-Light.ttf           72 Jokerman.TTF
    48 AppleGaramond.ttf                 20 JoseFernandez.ttf
   196 AquilineTwo.ttf                   44 jungleav.TTF
    20 ARGEBL__.TTF                      28 kaptaink.TTF
   280 arialbd.ttf                       24 Karate.TTF
   220 arialbi.ttf                       68 Kellyag_.TTF
   116 Arial_Black.ttf                   36 KEYPUNCN.TTF
   220 Arial_Bold_Italic.ttf             16 Kill.TTF
   280 Arial_Bold.ttf                    36 KK.TTF
   204 Arial_Italic.ttf                  40 KLINOM__.TTF
   196 ariali.ttf                        60 Knigqst.TTF
   268 arial.ttf                       8769 kochi-mincho-subst.ttf
   272 Arial.ttf                        128 kr.TTF
   116 ariblk.ttf                        60 larson.TTF
    76 ARNDBOEN.TTF                      56 LCDDotMatrix5x8.ttf
     8 Arrows.ttf                        56 LCDN.TTF
    28 Arruba.ttf                        92 Lele_s-scribadoo.ttf
    16 ARTHUR__.TTF                      56 Lowerwes.TTF
    32 ARTIS___.TTF                     292 Lucida Grande.ttf
    36 AR______.TTF                      24 mac_ding.ttf
  [...large list of fonts...]
koratsuki <at> happyharry:~$

So? What the problem? Try and tell :D.

Best regards,
Leslie!

>   What fonts? There's nothing about the application in my home directory;
> fonts are in /usr/share/ and the various subdirectories.
>
> [rshepard <at> salmo ~]$ ls .font
> ls: cannot access .font: No such file or directory
> [rshepard <at> salmo ~]$ ls .fonts
> ls: cannot access .fonts: No such file or directory
>
> Rich

*Leslie León Sinclair
*Administrador de Redes
*Facultad de Ingenieria Electrica, CUJAE.
*Calle 114 #11901 e/ Ciclovía y Rotonda
*Marianao 19390, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
*Tel: (53 7) 266-3321
*Another happy Slackware&  Debian GNU/Linux user
*Proud GNU/Linux User #445535
*http://counter.li.org/
*Katana yanai, otoko nanda.

Participe en Universidad 2012, del 13 al 17 de febrero de 2012.
Habana, Cuba: http://www.congresouniversidad.cu
Consulte la enciclopedia colaborativa cubana. http://www.ecured.cu

Participe en el Segundo Congreso Medio Ambiente Construido y
Desarrollo Sustentable (MACDES 2011) del 6 al 9 de diciembre de 2011,
Hotel Nacional, Habana, Cuba: http://macdes.cujae.edu.cu

Gmane