Rich Shepard | 21 Jul 15:37 2011

Where to find firefox help?

   I just upgraded firefox to -3.6.19 on my -13.1 server/workstation using
the downloaded package. When I invoke this application it displays a box of
installed add-ons and I need to manually close that window to use the
browser. Prior versions did not have this annoying behavior and I would like
to learn how to prevent this display window from appearing.

   Please suggest where I could go to ask for assistance in resolving this
issue. My prior experiences with mozilla web-based fora have not been
positive.

TIA,

Rich
Ottavio | 21 Jul 16:36 2011
Picon

Re: Where to find firefox help?

On 21 July 2011 14:37, Rich Shepard <rshepard <at> appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>  I just upgraded firefox to -3.6.19 on my -13.1 server/workstation using
> the downloaded package. When I invoke this application it displays a box of
> installed add-ons and I need to manually close that window to use the
> browser.

This is not standard behaviour. Try to delete the firefox profile
directory in your local userdir, if this doesn't work you might have
to merge the new config file with the old in /etc.

Ottavio

Am Donnerstag 21 Juli 2011, 15:37:08 schrieb Rich Shepard:
>    I just upgraded firefox to -3.6.19 on my -13.1 server/workstation using
> the downloaded package. When I invoke this application it displays a box of
> installed add-ons and I need to manually close that window to use the
> browser. Prior versions did not have this annoying behavior and I would
> like to learn how to prevent this display window from appearing.
>
>    Please suggest where I could go to ask for assistance in resolving this
> issue. My prior experiences with mozilla web-based fora have not been
> positive.
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

I'm using v5.01 so I don't remember exactly , but it was either that you need
to click on "search updates" once or go to the settings and search for sth
like "update Addons on start".
Maybe there is an option in 'about:config'  also
Rich Shepard | 21 Jul 17:03 2011

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Jens Weber wrote:

> ... but it was either that you need to click on "search updates" once or
> go to the settings and search for sth like "update Addons on start".

Jens,

   I certainly missed that when I selected preferences. The "check for
add-ons when starting" box was selected while I thought I had de-selected
it.

   My apologies for not checking before writing.

Danke,

Rich
Jens Weber | 21 Jul 17:10 2011