Rich Shepard | 12 Feb 00:52 2012

RAM limit with 13.37/64-bit?

   I upgraded the Dell BIOS to version A11 which is supposed to allow all 8G
of installed memory to be seen and used by the OS. I'm running -13.37/x86_64
on the laptop with the 2.6.37smp kernel.

   Is there anything distribution- or version-related that may be keeping
/proc/meminfo from reporting only 4G of memory installed?

Rich
zux | 12 Feb 10:14 2012
Picon

Re: RAM limit with 13.37/64-bit?

runing slackware 64bit with an smp kernel? all 64 bit kernels are smp,
it is not mentioned anywhere. (i'm running 13.37-x86_64 bit with 8GB of
without ant special tweaks)

On 02/12/2012 01:52 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I upgraded the Dell BIOS to version A11 which is supposed to allow
> all 8G
> of installed memory to be seen and used by the OS. I'm running
> -13.37/x86_64
> on the laptop with the 2.6.37smp kernel.
>
>   Is there anything distribution- or version-related that may be keeping
> /proc/meminfo from reporting only 4G of memory installed?
>
> Rich

./configure --with-mozzerella=yes --with-tomatoes=yes --with-herbes&&  make pizza-all&&  mount -t
stomachacid /dev/stomach /mnt/stomach&&  make install DESTDIR=/mnt/stomach&&  umount
/dev/stomach&&  sleep 3600&&  cat /dev/stomach>  /dev/toilet
Rich Shepard | 12 Feb 19:54 2012

Re: RAM limit with 13.37/64-bit? [FIXED]

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Is there anything distribution- or version-related that may be keeping
> /proc/meminfo from reporting only 4G of memory installed?

   Fixed: a loose RAM module was the problem.

Rich

Gmane