Insomniactoo | 29 Apr 02:38 2012
X-Face

Opera and the slack-build of it...

I just installed the lastest Opera from the SlackBuild site. It seemed to build
fine with no hiccups anywhere and installed fine also.

The problem began when I started it...nothing happened, even after waiting 2
minutes.

I opened up ksysmonitor and saw opera running and an operapluginwrap with
'zombie' after it in the next column (CPU%). After just a few seconds there's 10
of these operapluginwrap zombies, and then 20 and then 30 and it kept growing
until I killed opera itself.

So, I started opera in a konsole to see if it would give any hint as to what's
happening and all I see is: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 736:
_dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed!

and of course the zombies contued to grow in number again also in system monitor
until I killed opera.

This is for opera 11.62 on Slackware 13.37 32 bit. Is anyone else having the
same or similar problem? Any ideas how to go about fixing it?