Alberto Gonzalez | 31 Jul 20:26 2013
Picon

Can't mount external (USB) HDD with Kernel 3.10.3

Hello,

There seems to be a regression in Kernel 3.10.3 (from 3.10.2) that prevents me 
being able to mount my external USB hard drive. When I plug it I get messages 
like:

[   82.633138] xhci_hcd 0000:05:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with 
disabled ep ffff88014c85a180
[   82.633148] xhci_hcd 0000:05:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with 
disabled ep ffff88014c85a1c0

There are other users seeing this problem too:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36296

There are not many commits from 3.10.2 to 3.10.3, so hopefully someone who 
knows can spot the possible culprit. I must say that I'm not good at compiling 
kernels and testing patches, but if it's really needed I can try something.

Let me know if I can provide more information about it.
Alberto.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to majordomo@...
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Alan Stern | 31 Jul 20:38 2013
Picon

Re: Can't mount external (USB) HDD with Kernel 3.10.3

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> There seems to be a regression in Kernel 3.10.3 (from 3.10.2) that prevents me 
> being able to mount my external USB hard drive. When I plug it I get messages 
> like:
> 
> [   82.633138] xhci_hcd 0000:05:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with 
> disabled ep ffff88014c85a180
> [   82.633148] xhci_hcd 0000:05:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with 
> disabled ep ffff88014c85a1c0
> 
> There are other users seeing this problem too:
> 
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36296
> 
> There are not many commits from 3.10.2 to 3.10.3, so hopefully someone who 
> knows can spot the possible culprit. I must say that I'm not good at compiling 
> kernels and testing patches, but if it's really needed I can try something.
> 
> Let me know if I can provide more information about it.

See

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=137523956310060&w=2

Alan Stern

--
(Continue reading)

Alberto Gonzalez | 31 Jul 20:48 2013
Picon

Re: Can't mount external (USB) HDD with Kernel 3.10.3

On Wednesday 31 July 2013 14:38:34 Alan Stern wrote:

> See
> 
> 	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=137523956310060&w=2
> 

Yes, that's surely the same bug we're seeing. I guess the patch will be in 
3.10.5, so I'll wait for that and in case it doesn't fix my problem (but I 
doubt it won't) I'll report back.

Thanks!
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to majordomo@...
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Alberto Gonzalez | 9 Aug 20:08 2013
Picon

Re: Can't mount external (USB) HDD with Kernel 3.10.3

On Wednesday 31 July 2013 14:38:34 Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:
> > 
> > There seems to be a regression in Kernel 3.10.3 (from 3.10.2) that
> > prevents me being able to mount my external USB hard drive. 
> 
> See
> 
> 	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=137523956310060&w=2
> 
> Alan Stern

The fix did not make it into 3.10.5, and now it seems it won't make it into 
3.10.6 either. Is there some reason for this or it just got lost somewhere?

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to majordomo@...
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Alan Stern | 9 Aug 20:57 2013
Picon

Re: Can't mount external (USB) HDD with Kernel 3.10.3

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 July 2013 14:38:34 Alan Stern wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:
> > > 
> > > There seems to be a regression in Kernel 3.10.3 (from 3.10.2) that
> > > prevents me being able to mount my external USB hard drive. 
> > 
> > See
> > 
> > 	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=137523956310060&w=2
> > 
> > Alan Stern
> 
> The fix did not make it into 3.10.5, and now it seems it won't make it into 
> 3.10.6 either. Is there some reason for this or it just got lost somewhere?

I have no idea.  You should ask the maintainer who is now in charge of 
the patch.

Alan Stern

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to majordomo@...
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html


Gmane