Myriam Abramson | 1 Aug 00:47 2011
Face
Picon

quicklisp

Does Quicklisp work in CLISP?

I get an error message that seems to indicate a reference to SBCL:

; Upgrading ASDF to version 2.014.6
;;  Loaded file /home/myriam/quicklisp/cache/asdf-fasls/0vt38k/asdf.fas
** - Continuable Error
DEFPACKAGE QL-CLISP: There is no symbol EXT::PROBE-PATHNAME .
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): This symbol will be created.
The following restarts are also available:
TRY-RECOMPILING :R1     Try recompiling impl
RETRY          :R2      Retry compiling component ("quicklisp" "impl").
ACCEPT         :R3      Continue, treating compiling component ("quicklisp" "impl") as having been successful.
SKIP           :R4      skip (LET # #)
STOP           :R5      stop loading file /home/myriam/quicklisp/setup.lisp
ABORT          :R6      Abort main loop

                                   myriam

Zach Beane | 1 Aug 12:04 2011

Re: quicklisp

Myriam Abramson <mabramson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Does Quicklisp work in CLISP?
>
> I get an error message that seems to indicate a reference to SBCL:

> ; Upgrading ASDF to version 2.014.6
> ;;  Loaded file /home/myriam/quicklisp/cache/asdf-fasls/0vt38k/asdf.fas
> ** - Continuable Error
> DEFPACKAGE QL-CLISP: There is no symbol EXT::PROBE-PATHNAME .
> If you continue (by typing 'continue'): This symbol will be created.
> The following restarts are also available:
> TRY-RECOMPILING :R1     Try recompiling impl
> RETRY          :R2      Retry compiling component ("quicklisp" "impl").
> ACCEPT         :R3      Continue, treating compiling component ("quicklisp" "impl") as having been successful.
> SKIP           :R4      skip (LET # #)
> STOP           :R5      stop loading file /home/myriam/quicklisp/setup.lisp
> ABORT          :R6      Abort main loop

What version of clisp are you using?

Zach

Got Input?   Slashdot Needs You.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/slashdot-survey
(Continue reading)

Zach Beane | 1 Aug 12:11 2011

Re: quicklisp

Myriam Abramson <mabramson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Does Quicklisp work in CLISP?

I should mention, too, that yes, Quicklisp works on CLISP, but it
requires a relatively recent version of CLISP. I haven't checked to see
how old is too old, but it seems to me that you have a too-old CLISP
based on the error you get.

Zach

Sam Steingold | 1 Aug 15:28 2011
Picon

Re: quicklisp

> * Myriam Abramson <znoenzfba <at> tznvy.pbz> [2011-07-31 18:47:19 -0400]:
>
> Does Quicklisp work in CLISP?
>
> I get an error message that seems to indicate a reference to SBCL:

> ; Upgrading ASDF to version 2.014.6
> ;;  Loaded file /home/myriam/quicklisp/cache/asdf-fasls/0vt38k/asdf.fas
> ** - Continuable Error
> DEFPACKAGE QL-CLISP: There is no symbol EXT::PROBE-PATHNAME .

EXT:PROBE-PATHNAME was added in CLISP 2.47 (2008-10-23).
Perhaps your version is older?

Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) X 11.0.60900031
http://memri.org http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tap12009/ http://jihadwatch.org
http://iris.org.il http://pmw.org.il http://palestinefacts.org
"Sustainability" without "population growth control" is hypocrisy.