6 Jun 2011 01:15
Juho Snellman <jsnell <at> iki.fi>
2011-06-05 23:15:13 GMT
2011-06-05 23:15:13 GMT
SBCL 1.0.49 has been released.
changes in sbcl-1.0.49 relative to sbcl-1.0.48:
* minor incompatible change: WITH-LOCKED-HASH-TABLE no longer disables
interrupts for its body.
* enhancement: source locations are now available for files loaded as
source, compile-time-too evaluation, and initialization files.
* enhancement: WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT :SOURCE-NAMESTRING allows providing
virtual source-file information, eg. overriding input-file of COMPILE-FILE
when a temporary file is used for compilation.
* enhancement: ASDF has been updated to version 2.015.3.
* enhancement: backtraces involving frames from the default evaluator are
* enhancement: RUN-PROGRAM works with user-defined binary input and output
* enhancement: more informative compile-time warnings and runtime errors for
type-errors detected at compile-time.
* enhancement: deadlock detection for mutexes and spinlocks.
* enhancement: dynamic-extent for &rest lists stack allocate only their
spines, not their argumets. While portable code should not rely on this,
particularly in combination with inlining, it should make dynamic-extent
easier to use safely.
* enhancement: SB-POSIX improvements:
** WNOHANG and WUNTRACED are exported.
** SYSCALL-ERROR now also provides the name of the failing system call.
* enhancement: --script improvements:
** errors on standard input, output, and error streams are handled and
cause scripts to exit silently, making them easier to use in shell
** backtraces from scripts now go to standard error instead of the
terminal even if one is available.
** --script can be an argument, causing the script to be loaded from
* enhancement: MAKE-ALIEN-STRING provides an easy way to transport lisp
strings to foreign memory.
* enhancement: (SETF GC-LOGFILE) allows logging garbage collections to
a file, making it easier to understand heap dynamics.
* optimization: using a &REST argument only in APPLY or VALUES-LIST calls
allows the compiler to automatically elide rest-list allocation so long as
the call sites are in functions that the compiler knows cannot escape.
* optimization: CALL-NEXT-METHOD using explicit arguments is faster,
especially in safe code when none of the required arguments have changed
* bug fix: blocking reads from FIFOs created by RUN-PROGRAM were
uninterruptible, as well as blocking reads from socket streams created
with for which :SERVE-EVENTS NIL. (regression from 18.104.22.168)
* bug fix: SET-SYNTAX-FROM-CHAR now removes dispatch-macro character syntax
from the to-char if the from-char is not a dispatch-macro character.
* bug fix: references to undefined variables in function calls that are
optimized away now signal a runtime error. (lp#722734)
* bug fix: miscompilation of MULTIPLE-VALUE-CALL when asserting derived
types from a function defined in the same file. (regression from
* bug fix: TRULY-THE forms are now macroexpandable and setf-expandable.
* bug fix: spurious errors during QUIT when standard streams were closed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simplify data backup and recovery for your virtual environment with vRanger. Installation's a snap, and flexible recovery options mean your data is safe, secure and there when you need it. Discover what all the cheering's about. Get your free trial download today. http://p.sf.net/sfu/quest-dev2dev2
_______________________________________________ Sbcl-announce mailing list Sbcl-announce <at> lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sbcl-announce